Vista Photo Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
wat's the prize??

Prizes

Amateur
Top 5: Windows Vista™-ready HP Pavilion Desktop PC with 19-inch monitor worth S$3,000
Celebrated 10: Windows Vista™ Ultimate & Microsoft® Office Professional 2007 worth S$1,500

Youth (under 18)
Top 5: S$500 cash, Windows Vista™ Ultimate & Microsoft® Office Professional 2007 worth S$1,500
Celebrated 10: Windows Vista™ Ultimate, Microsoft® Office Home and Student 2007 worth S$1,000

5. Submission Criteria.
Only digital files submitted via the uploading facility on the website will be accepted. The Submission must include a high-resolution file which should be taken with a 6 megapixel camera, or better, at its maximum resolution in JPEG format of the same file which has a maximum resolution of not more than 200KB in size, high-resolution RGB, 72 dots per inch and approximately 8 x 12 inches and in landscape (horizontal) format.

Hi Guys,

I think they need participant to resize it down to 200kb for submission but still retain the high res original in case they win so that they can make it in to poster or what they deem fit.

"In order to win, you will be required to provide the original high-resolution file which should be taken with a 6 megapixel camera, or better, at its maximum resolution. Participants are responsible for downsizing the image for submission.

7. Winners will be required to agree to surrender the following rights of their winning submission:

• Publicity and marketing materials for use by Microsoft perpetually (including print, digital, and for public display), the original high resolution picture would be required;
  • Perpetual download from a Microsoft appointed website as a desktop background and/or screensaver;
  • Microsoft will have exclusive rights to the winning submissions until 31 December 2008;
  • Sale of a print reproduction;
  • Editing and resizing the winning submissions."

TnC:

4. Contest Theme and Categories; Participation and Eligibility.
Any digital photograph submitted for the purposes of the Contest ("Submission") must have a landscape or scenery of a location in Singapore as its main feature, and the photograph must be taken within the Contest Period. The Contest is designated for amateur photographers only. Photographs submitted by professional photographers will be ineligible and removed from the Contest.
-------------

So how do they define who are the "professional photographers" ?

Me! Me!

Hi,

Did any one manage to submit the photo? I have resize the photo to less than 200kb, 72 dots per inch, 8 x 12 inches and in landscape format. But when i submit the photo, it go into the unapproved photo. :confused:

Hi,

Did any one manage to submit the photo? I have resize the photo to less than 200kb, 72 dots per inch, 8 x 12 inches and in landscape format. But when i submit the photo, it go into the unapproved photo. :confused:
i ya, we got till 15 jan to sent, why worry now??? btw how to manage to sent that pix in??? i dun even think it is possible to resize to the spec, unless quility is gone.

Hi,

...:confused:

You have to wait for them to approve lar...do you think the computer approves for you?

...:confused:

You have to wait for them to approve lar...do you think the computer approves for you?

Just do not understand why they put as unapproved photo. They should have something like pending for approval instead. Thanks for your quick reply. :)

i ya, we got till 15 jan to sent, why worry now??? btw how to manage to sent that pix in??? i dun even think it is possible to resize to the spec, unless quility is gone.

Quality definitely will be affected, but we have to comply to their rule and regulation inorder to participate. :)

I really dun mind if my pics are selected to be included in Vista as background or screen saver ;p

However...dun hav pics I'm keen to submit. Lets see the submission gallery first :think:

T & C are OK for amateur.

TnC:

4. Contest Theme and Categories; Participation and Eligibility.
Any digital photograph submitted for the purposes of the Contest ("Submission") must have a landscape or scenery of a location in Singapore as its main feature, and the photograph must be taken within the Contest Period. The Contest is designated for amateur photographers only. Photographs submitted by professional photographers will be ineligible and removed from the Contest.
-------------

So how do they define who are the "professional photographers" ?

Hi, I didn't see this in the rules can you link me to where you got the above from? Especially the part that says "photograph must be taken within the Contest Period". TIA.

I like this one

9. If the winner does not agree to the terms of the competition, the next best entry will claim the prize.

I wonder why it was included... :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.