Visiting Us in Winter, any precaution measure for Digital Camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishgoogle

Aug 27, 2005
I'll be in the US during the winter period, wonder if there is any precaution I should be aware of when using my digital camera or protect the digital camera from the cold temperature?
I'm using a Fuji F610.

Cheers!

Jeff

Fishgoogle said:
I'll be in the US during the winter period, wonder if there is any precaution I should be aware of when using my digital camera or protect the digital camera from the cold temperature?

Florida or Alaska?

Hi,

Did not managed to get any advise from anyone in the forum. So decided to search the web for an answer, happen to come across this article which does provide quite a fair bit of information related to winter photography, including condensation, battery life being shorter in colder temperature...etc.

Hope it'll be useful information for anyone who will be going to cold winter countries with your camera.

http://www.scienceandart.ca/Winter Photography Workshop 2.pdf

Cheers!

Jeff

LittleWolf said:
Florida or Alaska?
By the way, I'll be going to North Carolina, somewhere in January, heard that's the coldest period to expect. Can't change the schedule due to business plan.

Cheers!

Jeff

Good you found your answer. Actually, someone did reply, asking you if you were going to Florida or Alaska. We were all waiting for your reply, so that we can give you the most appropriate information.

Really, NC, cold, but nothing to worry about.

Just go a shoot some nice picture.

thkz for the link... gog to oklahoma in Dec than will be heading west...

Status
Not open for further replies.