Visiting Singapore in November

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwalther

Hi all. I'll be visiting Singapore for a few days in November and wish to put my camera to use while I'm here. Any suggestions of spots to photograph that are not too touristy?

Any suggestions will be gratefully accepted. :)

Welcome in advance!

It actually depends on what you want to shoot e.g. urban, landscapes, wildlife, places of worship etc.
Some places like orchard road have lots of tourists and singaporeans, but it is the shear number of people that makes it special ;)

What subjects are you into? Landscape photography? Street photography? Nature? Portraiture?

Hi gymak90 and phyrewall. Thanks for your replies. :)

I will only be staying about a week, so I know that there will be limitations placed on me - TIME lol.

I like nature, so will spend time in Jurong Bird Park and probably the Botanic Gardens, looking for the Orchid garden (will the orchids be in bloom in November????).

I would like to do some urban/street photography, perhaps even incorporating a casual model shoot on one of my days.

AFAIK the flowers bloom all year round in the Orchid Garden.)

you can try sungei buloh..... a nature reserve in the north.

Yes, I see what you mean, bblurrr. :) Those links speak eloquently for me to rethink my idea of "touristy". I am beginning to wish I had been able to arrange for a longer visit to Singapore. :bsmilie:

Oh well, I had better buy myself a few extra memory cartds. I'm going to need them.

I assume Diwali is a festival? Should provide lots of colour and action.

Thanks again to all those who replied. This site is very useful. Feel free to keep the suggestions coming.

take a ride on the Singapore Flyer at 7pm. :D

Thanks HTCahHTC, cheerful88 and diver-hloc. :) I had a look at the links and Googled the S'pore Flyer. There's just so much to see. I might have to start saving up for another trip to S'pore as soon as I get home from November's trip. :bsmilie: I am really looking forward to my visit.

You can take a night walk at Little India. It is an experience you should see for yourself. Not forgetting Esplanade area, our famous 'Durians'.

Cheers!

If you like nature, make our zoo one of your stop. We have one of the best zoo in the world.

However, you might want to give the Nigh Safari a miss. Quite a waste of time to me. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.