Visiting Singapore in November

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you like nature, make our zoo one of your stop. We have one of the best zoo in the world.

However, you might want to give the Nigh Safari a miss. Quite a waste of time to me. :p

Thank you. :D Breakfast with the zoo animals sounds interesting - if I can get out of bed early enough.

Yes the Esplanade is nicknamed 'Durians' because it resembles the king of fruits. I do not have any pictures in soft copy that I can hotlink to show you.
Anyone has shots of the esplanade to show?

Yes the Esplanade is nicknamed 'Durians' because it resembles the king of fruits. I do not have any pictures in soft copy that I can hotlink to show you.
Anyone has shots of the esplanade to show?

873951201_ce88c58d19_o.jpg

1099614658_00103427ff_o.jpg

Random Night Shot around the CBD....
IMG_4476.jpg

ChinaTown
SkylineChinatown.jpg

StreetsofChinatown.jpg

All within 15min travelling distance from each other. Thats how 'Small' S'pore is !

Hmm.. you can cover many many places in 1 week. Just make sure you have a big memory card :bsmilie:

If you really want to avoid the crowd, then check out sungei buloh nature reserve. November/December is the time when migratory birds from the north come to singapore.

I think getting on to the singapore flyer is not absolutely a must, take a ride if you have time and money to spare. Otherwise it's better to walk and roam freely.

WOW. Some of those night shots are just magic. :)

I'll bring a couple of memory cards with me but, if I run out, I'm certain I should be able to get some good prices on extra memory cards in S'pore. ;)

I can hardly wait for November to come around.

WOW. Some of those night shots are just magic. :)

I'll bring a couple of memory cards with me but, if I run out, I'm certain I should be able to get some good prices on extra memory cards in S'pore. ;)

I can hardly wait for November to come around.

haha.
S'pore sells cheap memory cards, so don't worry. :bsmilie:
btw remember to visit Henderson Bridge too http://www.singaporeshots.com/thumbnails.php?album=61!
great spot for many photographers. :D

You can consider the followings:

Visit during the weekdays say about 9am, where most people are working.

1. Singapore Chinese Garden
2. Botanical Gardens
3. Butik Timah Nature Reserve and walk to the summit.
4. The Merlion Park
5. Esplanade

During the evening and at night

1. Orchard Road
2. Singapore River (Clarke Quay and Boat Quay)
3. Esplanade Bridge is beautiful at night
4. Southern Ridges (Kent Ridge Park and Mount Faber and Telok Blangah Hill Park) Mount Faber by night is spectacular and the Henderson Waves bridge is a walking distance.

Other places to consider
1. Little India
2. Chinatown
3. Malay village (Kampong Glam)

Have fun!

You can consider the followings:

Visit during the weekdays say about 9am, where most people are working.

1. Singapore Chinese Garden
2. Botanical Gardens
3. Butik Timah Nature Reserve and walk to the summit.
4. The Merlion Park
5. Esplanade

During the evening and at night

1. Orchard Road
2. Singapore River (Clarke Quay and Boat Quay)
3. Esplanade Bridge is beautiful at night
4. Southern Ridges (Kent Ridge Park and Mount Faber and Telok Blangah Hill Park) Mount Faber by night is spectacular and the Henderson Waves bridge is a walking distance.

Other places to consider
1. Little India
2. Chinatown
3. Malay village (Kampong Glam)

Have fun!

Thank you so much. I can hardly wait to get to S'pore now. I just received a remote shutter release cable for the camera I will be taking with me and am teaching myself some night photography. I will put those skills to use when I visit.

I am really impressed with this site. I find that participants are very eager to help others, even from far away lands . :) I have seen some excellent photography here too.

Cheers to all.
Harald

You might be interested in this site:

http://www.wildsingapore.com/places/index.html

The Chek Jawa guided walk (if you can make it for one) is really fun. There were some really fantastic photos by Febrita on one of the ladies photographer thread.

Oh, and my personal favourite is Labrador Park. By the time November rolls around, you might or might not still have low tide around sunset.

Singapore Tides
http://app.nea.gov.sg/cms/htdocs/article.asp?pid=2293

Last edited:
You might be interested in this site:

http://www.wildsingapore.com/places/index.html

The Chek Jawa guided walk (if you can make it for one) is really fun. There were some really fantastic photos by Febrita on one of the ladies photographer thread.

Oh, and my personal favourite is Labrador Park. By the time November rolls around, you might or might not still have low tide around sunset.

Singapore Tides
http://app.nea.gov.sg/cms/htdocs/article.asp?pid=2293

Hi. Thanks for the wildsingapore link. Looks interesting. :D

Hi all. I'll be visiting Singapore for a few days in November and wish to put my camera to use while I'm here. Any suggestions of spots to photograph that are not too touristy?

Any suggestions will be gratefully accepted. :)

MacRitchie Nature Reserve at Lornie Road (nature)
Waterloo Street (temple)
Changi Beach (sunset, probably sunrise)
Henderson Waves near Safra Faber at Telok Blangah (bridge)
Mount Faber at Telok Blangah (look far away)

If you like nature, make our zoo one of your stop. We have one of the best zoo in the world.

One of my favorite features - the air conditioned pavilions scattered throughout the zoo. Are they still around?

To hwalter : remember to plan some indoor locations in case of rain.

One of my favorite features - the air conditioned pavilions scattered throughout the zoo. Are they still around?

To hwalter : remember to plan some indoor locations in case of rain.

Hmmm OK. It must be the rainy season in November. ??? I'll have to give some thought to that. Thank you. ;)

rain is not so predictable in Singapore... almost everyone brings out an umbrella everyday.. a little like copenhagen...

but there are fixed monsoon seasons in South east asia so... umbrellas are a must-bring item...

Status
Not open for further replies.