visit it before it's too late; pulau ubin will soon be changed into an adventure park

TheLoneRanger

Mar 14, 2013
Singapore
probably still gonna be a few years before anything is built, but if the villagers are being evicted now, it would be a lifeless place.

==http://wildshores.blogspot.sg/2013/04/ubin-villagers-being-evicted-for.html#.UWewPsocMbA==

the planners of Singapore have sold our soul to Mammon.

i guess the only place we will ever see a traditional kampung in future is at FIBUA villages or whatever they call it now

oh NO!!!!!!!!!!!! pls don't touch my last paradise!!!!!!

However, if affected residents do decide to stay in their homes, they will have to pay rent from now on because they are staying on state land.

Can the resident afford the rent ????? :(

They like to take away the options to force people do according to what they want.

example take away long bus route and force people to take MRT.

If the resident cannot afford the rent and move, they will save large sum of compensation $$$$

i love it how a "NOTICE OF CENSUS SURVEY" can be reported as a "NOTICE OF EVICTION".

image.jpeg

This is the text in the notice:

To: Owner/Occupier
760-D Pulau Ubin
Singapore
Survey No. AP14

Dear Sir / Madam

NOTICE OF CENSUS SURVEY

CLEARANCE SCHEME: CLEARANCE OF STRUCTURES PREVIOUSLY ACQUIRED FOR DEVELOPMENT OF ADVENTURE PARK ON PULAU UBIN

SLA has sought HDB Land Clearance Section (LCS)'s assistance to clear the above squatter house. In connection with the clearance, officers from LCS/SLA will visit your premises to conduct a census survey for the purpose of determining your eligibility for resettlement benefits. During the census survey, please furnish the original and photocopies of the following documents for our inspection.

(i) Identity card;
(ii) Birth Certificate (for person below 12 years old);
(iii) Marriage Certificate;
(iv) Property Tax bill or proof of ownership of the affected house (for house owner); and
(v) Death Certificate if the owner had passed away, Letter of Administration or Grant of Probate, if any.

Please note that resettlement benefits offered is strictly ex-gratia. The Cut-Off Date of eligibility for resettlement benefits for the above clearance scheme is 10 Apr 2009.

You may contact my colleagues Ms Neo Bee Lan or Ms Tan Yap Har at telephone No. 64903059 during office hours for an appointment to meet you at the affected premises on Pulau Ubin for the census survey.

Yours faithfully
Lee Boon Sun
Senior Land Administration Manager
Land Clearance Section
Properties & Land Group

No where in the notice said that the residents are told to uproot and to get off Pulau Ubin, that they are evicted from their homes

:bsmilie:

this is progress.

our tiny island can't hold much more people.

we definitely need to look elsewhere for development... we cannot keep reclaiming land. also, because land that has been reclaimed will need years to settle before we can even build anything there.

what happened to "Squatter's Law" aka, occupied the landspace for x number of years without paying rent or with the owner's implicit consent (by not clearing them off prior)...these untitled homeowners should have a legal right also...

but I am just a kitty cat, not a lawyer :(

what happened to "Squatter's Law" aka, occupied the landspace for x number of years without paying rent or with the owner's implicit consent (by not clearing them off prior)...these untitled homeowners should have a legal right also...

but I am just a kitty cat, not a lawyer :(
Repelled a long time ago during the early post-colonial period for state land though Land Acquisition Act (Chapter 152) is currently in place and also in 1994 whereas for adverse possession of private properties.

i love it how a "NOTICE OF CENSUS SURVEY" can be reported as a "NOTICE OF EVICTION".

image.jpeg

No where in the notice said that the residents are told to uproot and to get off Pulau Ubin, that they are evicted from their homes

the planners of Singapore have sold our soul to Mammon.

i guess the only place we will ever see a traditional kampung in future is at FIBUA villages or whatever they call it now

Singapore has been sold out for quite a while I suppose....... as long as GDP is good... and the XXX get multi months bonus!!!! :thumbsd:

[video=youtube;qMxX-QOV9tI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMxX-QOV9tI[/video]

probably still gonna be a few years before anything is built, but if the villagers are being evicted now, it would be a lifeless place.

==http://wildshores.blogspot.sg/2013/04/ubin-villagers-being-evicted-for.html#.UWewPsocMbA==

Don't worry about it being lifeless.

Last time I went there the whole place was swarmed with photographers and their XMM models. :bsmilie:

Don't worry about it being lifeless.

Last time I went there the whole place was swarmed with photographers and their XMM models. :bsmilie:

wa zhun boh. actually the last time i went was 5-6 years old. hehe

Think Starbucks and macdonald going there soon

image.jpeg

"previously acquired"... the land was never theirs in the first place no? now is bonus, whether got free house boh for them on mainland.