Visa Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

maameemoomoo

Oct 31, 2007
Need to vent!

Chinese Embassy gotta be one of my most hated places in Singapore. Their attitude is really sucky!

Anyway, need some advice from the savvy travellers here.

If you are flying in to Chengdu, China and departing from New Delhi, going Tibet in between, how will you answer if they ask, how are you going to Delhi from Chengdu? Where is your air ticket?

The thing is, you cannot let them know that you are going to Tibet else, you'll never get your Visa approved.

call ur travel agent, assuming u booked ur tix from them and get them to settle 4 u

Singaporeans who are holding to the S'pore passport need to apply visa for these countries? :dunno:

I'll be travelling in China for more than 14 days that's why.

Hmm. Can't. I DIY everything myself.

Then you have a big headache. You want to try something the chinese consider suspicious/not permitted and want us to help you circumvent their laws/policies?

I don't think this thread will exist for long in CS. :p

Then you have a big headache. You want to try something the chinese consider suspicious/not permitted and want us to help you circumvent their laws/policies?

I don't think this thread will exist for long in CS. :p

how do u know he is breaking the law? he cannot just walk into Tibet unnoticed, so how can he be breaking the law?

he is asking for some help, and such questions are normal for travellers, you just need to get the visa..

When I went to Tibet in 2008 - 2009, my group actually cross the border from Kathmandu, Nepal.

You will need both a permit and an accompanying tour guide.

how do u know he is breaking the law? he cannot just walk into Tibet unnoticed, so how can he be breaking the law?

he is asking for some help, and such questions are normal for travellers, you just need to get the visa..
China visa do not grant foreigners access into Tibet, refer to my previous post.

TS is not trying smthg illegal. thats my point.

i believe wong_se was in such a group and ONE guy could not make it , thus the group visa got void

My friend went to Tibet via train from Beijin. The staff cant ask you for ticket as you dont have the visa yet, how to go buy ticket... later got ticket no VISA ask them to pay ??

TS is not trying smthg illegal. thats my point.

He is trying to circumvent the chinese border and visa policies on Tibet. He wants to sneak through tibet without telling the chinese.

That sounds illegal to me. :p

Just a little insight. "He" is a "she". "She" asked for kakis to Tibet in an earlier thread.

To TS: you are swimming against the current on this one if you try to diy from Singapore. Try going to a travel agent this time.

http://www.chinatoday.com/travel/chinavisa.htm

But I am sure you already know the above.

Rashkae said:
He is trying to circumvent the chinese border and visa policies on Tibet. He wants to sneak through tibet without telling the chinese.

That sounds illegal to me. :p

if I am as wierd as u, I will ask if u r slandering the ts.

But I am not, so I think it is better u mind your own business...

Maybe u only travel too little countries... I tell u such question is normal.

My apologies for not clarifying.

I'm not gonna do anything illegal actually.

But all tourists who plan to go to Tibet will know this - When applying for Chinese Visa, you must never let them know that you are going to Tibet. Otherwise, your application will not be successful.

My problem lies in exiting from another country. If i'm departing from Chengdu, where i'll be arriving at, i wont be facing this headache.

When i said DIY, i actually meant to say, i'm arranging my Tibet tour with a local Tibetan agency, not with a Singaporean agency. This is why i had to apply the visa myself, instead of the agency handling it for me.

My question was, what do i tell these Chinese when they ask, how am i travelling from Chengdu to New Delhi? I can't possibly tell them i'm going to Tibet etc. And i can't tell them i'm flying from Chengdu to Delhi either. What if they ask for my plane ticket?!?

Yup, so that was my question. :)

Don't think they would ask you about your flight ticket, but even if they did, can't you just say you haven't got it yet. I mean, why would you buy your ticket before you get a visa ?

I think as the majority here are singaporean who used to travel without having to apply for visa this is obvious to you guys.
However not having that priviledge myself this is normal.
eg:
- you must have a return airline if you are applying visa to australia
- same goes to US

I am not sure about any EU country because I have not been there yet.

Even when I go to china by tour - I always get the tour package first, book and pay deposit then with that proof I go and apply visa to china.
I have done this with tour where I extend my stay for another week (need to see more of the world expo lah - tour only give 1 day).
So the requirement to have a ticket before applying for visa is no uncommon.

This is not a good place to ask for such advice. You're looking for trouble using what's dished out here as everything from the net is without liability nor responsibility.

Go to a travel agent to get it arranged. You'll have to pay, it's either here or in some obscure Chinese jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.