visa application to Vietnam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim Dong Moon

May 3, 2004
Great World City, Singapore
Just want to check ...... whether we should apply for Visa or not if we go Vietnam for business trip. Because quite confuse ... my travel agent said we have to apply for it unless we are tourist, but some of my friends said no need. The immigration officer in vietnam also ever told me no need to apply. But i m still in doubt ....

I m holding Indonesian pasport at the moment ...... Thanks

Singapore Nationals are visa free for 30days. I guess it's best to check and double confirm with the Vietnam embassy in Singapore. It's somewhere near Farrer Road.

OT bit, i had a working visa for Indonesia but was issued wrong type(i didn't realise it) by the Indo Embassy in Spore. In the end, really bad luck, there was a spot check in the factory by the local police. I was detained 1 day in police lock up and 1 day in immgration office lock up. Singapore Embassy in Jakarta can't do much(which really drove me crazy!!!). Finally, I was deported and black listed from entering.

Hi,

I am a regular traveller to Vietnam for business trip. I used to apply for VISA for 1/2 year and I did not apply after that. Just using the standard 30 days for ASEAN. It works so far :).
No issue with immigration people

your red passport is a very useful document. it affords hassle-free to many many places so that we can run around and conduct business at a moment's notice. ask any Indian or Chinese national and see the hassle they have to go through.

Kim Dong Moon said:
Just want to check ...... whether we should apply for Visa or not if we go Vietnam for business trip. Because quite confuse ... my travel agent said we have to apply for it unless we are tourist, but some of my friends said no need. The immigration officer in vietnam also ever told me no need to apply. But i m still in doubt ....

I m holding Indonesian pasport at the moment ...... Thanks

Holders of Singapore passports do not have to apply Visa. Do not know about
Indonesians. Sorry.

William

Status
Not open for further replies.