virus spreading throught msn messaging...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exposure

Apr 6, 2008
hey, there is virus spreading around in MSN messaging, it will appeared as a window pop out of nowhere from an existing contact who is offline and it will suggest u to click on website link to see some photos.

remember please do not click on the website link, just close the window at top left corner.

:sweat:

Any idea how to get rid of it?

Those that know how to do it, can use hijackthis and hijackthis.de to get rid of it.

Just dont click on it,

it will normally come up with the link with your email in it like,

hi ! check this out! www.dfdfdsfdf.com/fdgdfg is giving out free goodies !
do click on it !

not sure what the virus does but just dont click on soemthing like this

Yes i noe but when i was afk my sister went and click on the link now it screws up my msn. cant get rid of it so have to use msn on another com :(

yup i've been gettin wierd links from my friends too....in the US and never was online wen the links were send to me......anyone know how to get rid of it:angry:

Hey thanks. Always wondered wat they were but I never did dare to click on them.... thank goodness !

hey, there is virus spreading around in MSN messaging, it will appeared as a window pop out of nowhere from an existing contact who is offline and it will suggest u to click on website link to see some photos.

remember please do not click on the website link, just close the window at top left corner.

what would happen if you click on the link? what are the syndromes of the virus? :dunno: thanks.

same goes for any unknown strangers with female nicks trying to add you. Got a couple of those american sounding females names trying to add me. All /ban. Hehehe :bsmilie:

what would happen if you click on the link? what are the syndromes of the virus? :dunno: thanks.

u will spread the virus, and your computer will reactivate the virus every reboot.

This has been on going for the past few months......as many as 8 months liao.

Do not accept anything who is not online...........including file transfer....one of my friend got his entire HDD wipe out clean clean......from a virus attack........

Beware those using MSN Messenger......other messengers do not have that problem.

u will spread the virus, and your computer will reactivate the virus every reboot.

It is not always about it being an attack by a virus actually. The most common reason for the attack is spamming and to try to take control of your system and turn it into a zombie unit for them to use it to spam other people or as a series of nodes to hide their attacking some system they have in mind for hacking. They do this to cover their tracks and sometime zombie PC owners gets into trouble becasue of this.

The most common attack is taking advantage of human nature. In this case, it is some "girl" request that you add them or ask you to add them. Once you do so, it can take advantage of certain weak spot in maybe your version of MSN or they will give you links that will send you to websites that once you are viewing the site's info... you already got infected. These days....virus,spam or spyware does not always use email to trick you to click open an attachment or use HTML scripts. A website itself is a HTML, flash..etc. All these are a series of action script that produced certain effects or play music and play a flash animation the minute you get into the site. Problem is, some of those action also have dangerous stuff that get trigger the moment you are in the site. So becareful..never add people that page you to add them. We are not that desparate to know another girl are we????? heheheh... Okay maybe some do...then I say...good luck. Hope it is really a girl and not malware script in Girl Skin heheheheh...

Can try this: Spybot to scan and get rid of whatever the scan results is.

i use to have the same problem after using this software i sloved my problem. Best is to get everyone in ur msn to use it to clear the 'virus' so that u will not rcv them again and get them to spread around to weed out the root!:thumbsup:

After using best is to update the software once a week and do a scan!

It is not always about it being an attack by a virus actually. The most common reason for the attack is spamming and to try to take control of your system and turn it into a zombie unit for them to use it to spam other people or as a series of nodes to hide their attacking some system they have in mind for hacking. They do this to cover their tracks and sometime zombie PC owners gets into trouble becasue of this.

The most common attack is taking advantage of human nature. In this case, it is some "girl" request that you add them or ask you to add them. Once you do so, it can take advantage of certain weak spot in maybe your version of MSN or they will give you links that will send you to websites that once you are viewing the site's info... you already got infected. These days....virus,spam or spyware does not always use email to trick you to click open an attachment or use HTML scripts. A website itself is a HTML, flash..etc. All these are a series of action script that produced certain effects or play music and play a flash animation the minute you get into the site. Problem is, some of those action also have dangerous stuff that get trigger the moment you are in the site. So becareful..never add people that page you to add them. We are not that desparate to know another girl are we????? heheheh... Okay maybe some do...then I say...good luck. Hope it is really a girl and not malware script in Girl Skin heheheheh...

Think they are more like Torjan(spell):sweat:

My friend told me that this problem is easily solved once you change your msn password.

It seems to be working for now. My zombie msn no longer spams other people. Just dont repeat the mistake of clicking links again.

My friend told me that this problem is easily solved once you change your msn password.

It seems to be working for now. My zombie msn no longer spams other people. Just dont repeat the mistake of clicking links again.

Can try this: Spybot to scan and get rid of whatever the scan results is.

i use to have the same problem after using this software i sloved my problem. Best is to get everyone in ur msn to use it to clear the 'virus' so that u will not rcv them again and get them to spread around to weed out the root!:thumbsup:

After using best is to update the software once a week and do a scan!

Thks. will give it a try

this is quite old.....

Status
Not open for further replies.