virus on ma sd card...

chacochucky

May 27, 2010
just wanna find out....my sd card got virus....i only realise it when wanna upload ma pix....therefore will it effect my camera...????

Do you see any worms crawing around when you look into the viewfinder or LCD screen? I'd say a simple formating may kill them all unless your cam system is on an Android, Symbion or MS platform so good luck to you:devil:

just wanna find out....my sd card got virus....i only realise it when wanna upload ma pix....therefore will it effect my camera...????

Cameras have propriety OS, and are mostly ROM which virus cannot write itself to. So you are quite safe. But with your SD infected, you probably want to nail down where you got the virus from. It is probably a USB type virus. First thing you need to do is to disable all your auto-start in all your computers. Autostart is where you plug a USB into your computer, or insert a CDROM, the computer will open the USB drive or CDROM automatically (or ask you how to open it). That is how USB viruses transmits.

Then you want to do anti virus scans for all your computers. And disable system restore to clear out the viruses stored in restore points. Also check your Start menu, and auto start registry to see if rogue programs are starting when you launch your PC OS.

After you cleaned all your computers, then you clean your SD card, best by formatting.

Good luck!

What is 'ma sd card'? New sd card brand? or ma = mother, meaning your mother's sd card? :think: