Virtual Memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

melvin

Jun 4, 2005
TPY
Hi all IT guys,

Check wif u all recently while using my laptop suddenly at bottom of the screen where the icon is flash one msg saying Virtual Memory low.

Why does this happen? How do i rectify it?

Thanks in advance!

foxtwo

Mar 11, 2004
singapore
Can't explain why but can tell you how to solve it.

Allocate more disk space for Virtual Memory. You must be the administrator to do this.
Go 'right click' My Computer -> properties, Advanced, Performance, Advanced, Virtual Memory. Choose your disk drive (if more than one) and twiddle the options there.

Ola

Oct 6, 2005
Hougang
Hi all IT guys,

Check wif u all recently while using my laptop suddenly at bottom of the screen where the icon is flash one msg saying Virtual Memory low.

Why does this happen? How do i rectify it?

Thanks in advance!
That mean you open too many applications and there isn't enough memory.
You can increase the virtual memory.
Right-click on "My Computer" --> Properties, select "Advance" tab, click on setting under "Performance" select "Advance" tab. Under "Virtual Memory", click "Change".

melvin

Jun 4, 2005
TPY
That mean you open too many applications and there isn't enough memory.
You can increase the virtual memory.
Right-click on "My Computer" --> Properties, select "Advance" tab, click on setting under "Performance" select "Advance" tab. Under "Virtual Memory", click "Change".
from there do i change the initial size of 720MB to max size of 1440MB?

foxtwo

Mar 11, 2004
singapore
"To have Windows select the best paging file size, click System managed size. The recommended minimum size is equivalent to 1.5 times the RAM on your computer, and 3 times that figure for the maximum size. For example, if you have 256 MB of RAM, the minimum size is 384 MB, and the maximum size is 1152 MB."

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308417

melvin

Jun 4, 2005
TPY
"To have Windows select the best paging file size, click System managed size. The recommended minimum size is equivalent to 1.5 times the RAM on your computer, and 3 times that figure for the maximum size. For example, if you have 256 MB of RAM, the minimum size is 384 MB, and the maximum size is 1152 MB."

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308417
ok done thanks for the help! :thumbsup::bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom