Virtual Camera- for newbies to learn photography terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

diziz

Oct 29, 2009
I stumbled upon this great camera simulator illustrating camera terms such as ISO, shutter speed and aperture. Perfect for the newbies. Play around with the different settings to get a sample. Of course the best way to learn is to play with your own camera. This is just to illustrate the terms. Enjoy.

http://dryreading.com/camera/index.html

haha thats cool
should be stickied

Great stuff.:thumbsup:

One question. Why only the dog is shaky when the shutter is low and not the train?

:thumbsup: Good stuff. I am sharing this with a friend who bought expensive DSLR but only shoots in auto.

Excellent stuff diziz & thanks for sharing:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

cute flash game...:thumbsup:

Great stuff.:thumbsup:

One question. Why only the dog is shaky when the shutter is low and not the train?

haha very observant... the dog is superimposed with the background yah, the background is fixed.. of course they can make the prog more complex by adding a moving train...

but then again it's a really nice prog for beginners :thumbsup:

Cool!!..An easy way for beginners, like me!!, to understand the fundamentals :thumbsup:

haha very observant... the dog is superimposed with the background yah, the background is fixed.. of course they can make the prog more complex by adding a moving train...

but then again it's a really nice prog for beginners :thumbsup:

i don't think the background is fixed... i did try taking photos in a train moving at 186km/h... things nearer go blur, most time unidentifiable... things far away like mountain still sharp (far from tact sharp though)... can't explain this in scientific terms... maybe someone could help us on this...

i think they're just trying to stimulate camera shake...

i don't think the background is fixed... i did try taking photos in a train moving at 186km/h... things nearer go blur, most time unidentifiable... things far away like mountain still sharp (far from tact sharp though)... can't explain this in scientific terms... maybe someone could help us on this...

i think they're just trying to stimulate camera shake...

eh i think we r talking abt diff thing here lah bro... u r talking abt taking a pic while u r on a train... have u checked out the program, i'm talking abt taking a picture with a moving train as the backgroud, so unless the background is fixed (like in the case of this prog), it's IMPOSSIBLE to capture a image of a still train w slow shutter, wait unless ur panning skills than good, but then again ur subject cannot see liao

eh i think we r talking abt diff thing here lah bro... u r talking abt taking a pic while u r on a train... have u checked out the program, i'm talking abt taking a picture with a moving train as the backgroud, so unless the background is fixed (like in the case of this prog), it's IMPOSSIBLE to capture a image of a still train w slow shutter, wait unless ur panning skills than good, but then again ur subject cannot see liao

what i was trying to say is... nearer objects are more prone to shakes... shake effect on far away background is minimal...

The part where the dog is blurred in a low illumination area is kind of misleading, cause they didn't state exactly why the dog is blurred and under what circumstances... which also depends on the focal length of the lens in relation to the shutter speed.

Excellent stuff diziz & thanks for sharing:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Credits to the creator, and anytime dude.

The part where the dog is blurred in a low illumination area is kind of misleading, cause they didn't state exactly why the dog is blurred and under what circumstances... which also depends on the focal length of the lens in relation to the shutter speed.

Yeah true, but it's safe to build up a pattern and relation between them. After all end result depends on specific lens used, DSLR capabilities and so on..but these results are just what is expected eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.