Vios vs Jazz

Status
Not open for further replies.

tangoninazero

Feb 25, 2003
Green Mile
tangoninazero.clubsnap.org
Wanting to get a car this year....deciding between Vios and Jazz due to their price and fuel consumption

Any driver or car-fanatic who want to advise me on the above mentioned models?

Any local automobile forum which i can view for such comparision?
:)
Really appreciate help to make my buy informative

Thank YOu:lovegrin:

I am a sucker for bodykits ..... put one on a JAZZ and fall in love with it :devil:

chio bod kit :)

driven a VIOS....dun like it

Personally I find it more comfortable driving a Jazz, in terms of compartment space and driving on the road.

Vios - http://forum.vogs.net/
Honda - http://www.shc-forum.com/
Rojak - http://www.mycarforum.com/

Not sure if there is a club for Jazz only. :think:

You gotta narrow down your criteria tho, just looking at the price & fc is pretty difficult to make any choice. There are more varieties beside Toyota and Honda. Go to the showroom and try it out yourself, don't judge just by visiting the forums. Vios club will tell you vios is the only car to buy in SG, and Honda club will tell you honda beats any other makes flat flat. :p

jazz for the comfort and feel on the road
not too sure abt fuel consumption comparison between both

Kah Motors hasn't brought in the new model yet, but do consider the new jazz. It's more spacious than the previous generation. Price isn't cheap too.

My colleague drove a VIOS before switching to Jazz. He remarked that Jazz is better on fuel consumption. However, the turning radius of Jazz is broader than VIOS, thus parking in a tight space and making quick U-turns may be a bit difficult.

i have driven both cars before for about one year each.
let me give you some of my own opinions.

Jazz
1> head ceiling higher
2> need to buy extra cover for the boot so that other pple cannot see what things are there
3> the chasis of the car will give you two blind spots in the front 45 degrees left and right

4> if i not wrong, the automated version has CVT engine (smooth engine transmission)
5> more things to 'enhance' the car (equals to more money spent)
6> FC (80% highway 20% city) = 16 - 18 km/litre

Vois
1> smaller space (side to side)
2> if i not wrong, the atomated version has VVT engine (for those who like to feel gear changing)
3> FC (80% highway 20% city) = 12 - 14 km/litre
4> faster pickup
5> harder to parallel park due to the sedan chasis

but end of the day, you have to choose your favorite car among the two. cos its your money. :)

Wanting to get a car this year....deciding between Vios and Jazz due to their price and fuel consumption

Any driver or car-fanatic who want to advise me on the above mentioned models?

Any local automobile forum which i can view for such comparision?
:)
Really appreciate help to make my buy informative

Thank YOu:lovegrin:

You might want to put Nissan Latio in your consideration too. I'm glad my friend asked me not to rule it out (I initially wanted a Vios). FC on paper is about the same as Vios (Vios 16.0km/l, Latio 16.8km/l). I'm averaging about 14km/l (about 60% HW, 30% jammed HW, 10% urban.). Still trying to find ways to improve FC. ;p

I will go for Jazz for the fuel factor and aesthatic....just couldn't like the way the new Vios look :lovegrin:

As for performance, I drove my brother Jazz once and IMO the Vtec + CVT is really powerful combination....made acceleration and driving really enjoyable.....One thing I noted the steering is a little light but that can easily overcomes with lower profile and and wider tyre :thumbsup:

Jazz also win in term of cabin space and usability....I think you can fit a whole bike into the boot when the back seats are folded....so that's pretty neat :thumbsup:

p/s Just found out that the model that Kah Motor carry is only 1.4 DSI egine.....the one that I drove was a 1.5 Vtec.....I think there is a big different :D

http://www.honda.net.my/models/jazz_specifications_VTEC.cfm

there's a Honda Fit/Jazz Club here; http://www.sg-fit-jazz.com/densoplugs.htm

my fren has a Fit and after he dresses the car up... it looked damn chio. there're a lot of modifications opportunities for the Fit/Jazz.

i attended the Fit/Jazz Club meetup once... and boy, you can see all those Fits and Jazzes in different styles. damn cool.

if got money, go for the Fit RS. should be a good buy.

Jazz made in Japan, Vios made in Thailand.

If you like the Jazz, wait for the new 2008 one. Its bigger and has a better engine then the current one. Overall its a much better package then the current outgoing version. i recently bought the out going version... so... ouch! :(

but if you are in need of boot space - e.g put golf set, shopping, baby pram...etc, a car with a proper boot will be better. of course the Jazz can lower the back seats to carry bulky items (i just did that at IKEA the other day, but its not everyday you do that) but for regular everyday use, the boot is a little limiting.

My colleague drove a VIOS before switching to Jazz. He remarked that Jazz is better on fuel consumption. However, the turning radius of Jazz is broader than VIOS, thus parking in a tight space and making quick U-turns may be a bit difficult.

Sorry, it should be easier on the Jazz as the turning radius of the Jazz is 4.7m as opposed to Vios 4.9m

I have owned both cars b4 & the Jazz definitely needs a smaller area to turn.

p/s Just found out that the model that Kah Motor carry is only 1.4 DSI egine.....the one that I drove was a 1.5 Vtec.....I think there is a big different :D
http://www.honda.net.my/models/jazz_specifications_VTEC.cfm

Oh, so this is the model that has got disc brakes at the rear... i have only seen like 2 out of the many many Jazz on the road... i think many ppl do not know this model with disc brake at the back... probably Kah Motors has ever brought in to sell last time but later no more brought in, instead only 1 model, tat is the lower power one. I told my friend before i have seen standard looking Jazz local number plate that has got disc brakes at the rear instead of drum brakes... but he dun believe me... :bsmilie:

No wonder Jazz that i saw Malaysia number plate has got disc brakes at the rear... so it is this 1.5i 16v VTEC 110bhp engine version.

Ha thanks for all the feedback....
Will be testing the vios this weekend and the jazz in a few weeks later before making the plunge

Really going to give Latio a miss? Otherwise you can also go to PI to test the new Fit (JDM version of Jazz).

Believe the Jazz have a higher OMV than the Vios...check it out..
Unless u need a boot, then the Vios is good.

I driving a Vios now....but will like to take a Jazz anytime.. haha
I don't like the feel of the vios, not solid enough, build quality got some problems. But overall is ok lah, fuel consumption not bad, auto averaged around 14km/L

The jazz look quite cute and I think that the build will be much better ? The one bad thing is no boot to put the barang barang loh

wait for the new Jazz is 3Q or go for Fit from Parallel importers now.. RS ver is nice.. looks a little like EUR Type R Civic

i would recommend a latio too.. am glad i choose this over other cars..
why ?

keyless
big boot
plasma ion
made in japan
good FC (my best was 16km/l ) before i changed to 17"
i think most spacious among same class

you can also go to mycarforum.com to check out the review of many cars

that's my view tho.. but if u only have eye for vios or jazz.. i'd say go for jazz..

Status
Not open for further replies.