Vintage style places for shoots

Sgdevilzz

May 16, 2010
Hi guys! I'm currently looking for old style vintage places for a model photoshoot but i don't know if Singapore has any. It can be like abandon buildings, warehouses, hangars (if any!) anything that was build within the 60s to 90s. Not looking at railway tracks or shophouses. More for indoor kind.

I got a place in mind, Piccadilly road (Near seletar airbase). Is that a good place for the theme? Another question is, can i enter the airbase or something? Really want to capture the runways and hangars there too!

Any suggestions appreciated!

Can try going there to have a look. But no interiors and the place is undergoing quite some developments now.

Old Changi Hospital, Fairy Point Bungalows, Old Commando Camp... and many more. All @ Changi Point. Check them out.

Hi guys! I'm currently looking for old style vintage places for a model photoshoot but i don't know if Singapore has any. It can be like abandon buildings, warehouses, hangars (if any!) anything that was build within the 60s to 90s. Not looking at railway tracks or shophouses. More for indoor kind.

I got a place in mind, Piccadilly road (Near seletar airbase). Is that a good place for the theme? Another question is, can i enter the airbase or something? Really want to capture the runways and hangars there too!

Any suggestions appreciated!

hangars u can try the old airport opposite where national stadium used to be. but not sure if public can enter. i saw edutilos- taken photos of it before, u can check with him.

then u can try the infamous woodneuk.
Istana Woodneuk - a set on Flickr
Directions: Alight at the bus stop opposite dempsey - count roughly 7 poles you will see this opening - enter this path and follow it, you will need to climb a steep slope then cut through a big patch of tall grasses before you can see this building. If u doing model shoot, make sure the model is comfortable. Will advise u to go there and shoot before 5pm, else once it turns dark hard to see.

Last edited:
themuk said:
Can try going there to have a look. But no interiors and the place is undergoing quite some developments now.

Went there last week. Without a car, you gotta walk a few kilometers from the bus stop! I manage to find some lovely houses but there are residences staying there.

shierwin said:
Old Changi Hospital, Fairy Point Bungalows, Old Commando Camp... and many more. All @ Changi Point. Check them out.

Changing hospital is in tight security right now. Fairy point comes with a price. The barracks seems to be a good place but I've heard stories about it and I do not want anything to happen to me and my friends hahah

sinned79 said:
hangars u can try the old airport opposite where national stadium used to be. but not sure if public can enter. i saw edutilos- taken photos of it before, u can check with him.

then u can try the infamous woodneuk.
Istana Woodneuk - a set on Flickr
Directions: Alight at the bus stop opposite dempsey - count roughly 7 poles you will see this opening - enter this path and follow it, you will need to climb a steep slope then cut through a big patch of tall grasses before you can see this building. If u doing model shoot, make sure the model is comfortable. Will advise u to go there and shoot before 5pm, else once it turns dark hard to see.

The airport opposite national stadium, my mother said it belongs to the gahmen. I shall check it out soon but I'm pretty sure I need to do some ninja moves to get in ;)

The path to woodneuk looks pretty dangerous, not sure the models can tahan :sweat: I've been to the neighbor, French embassy but never to woodneuk. I shall too check that place out! Thanks for the suggestions :)

Last edited:
Sgdevilzz said:
The airport opposite national stadium, my mother said it belongs to the gahmen. I shall check it out soon but I'm pretty sure I need to do some ninja moves to get in ;)

:)

Actually my last unproven check online was tt *** association tk care of the place. I did try to check for ctc but no veil. I have yet checked it out. Did saw some wedding photography done there.

Do share if u done recee e spot ;b