Vignetting

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Megadark

Are there lenses which does not cause vignetting from wide to tele? I'm currently using a oly 3020 now with a 41-37mm lens tube and a 2.5X telephoto lens. Vignetting is very obvious if the zoom is not set to maximum.

Please advise. Thank you.

Yep that's the one (37mm). Paid $120 for it.

Originally posted by Megadark
Yep that's the one (37mm). Paid $120 for it.

it's onli 1.5x actual ... and usually you need to use max tele with teleconverter to minimize or clear the vignetting ...

I am very sad. The 2.5X lens is no good. Not only is there a pincushion distortion, the corners and the side of the pictures are blur. Does anyone have a remedy?

I am very sad. The 2.5X lens is no good. Not only is there a pincushion distortion, the corners and the side of the pictures are blur. Does anyone have a remedy?

I don't think there's any ... it's better to test first before buying ...

exchange for the 52mm threaded Vitacon 2x? but that's only 1.3x effective.

if you want, I have a 37mm threaded 1.8x teleconverter that I could sell to you cheap.

Originally posted by mpenza
exchange for the 52mm threaded Vitacon 2x? but that's only 1.3x effective.

if you want, I have a 37mm threaded 1.8x teleconverter that I could sell to you cheap.

I burnt a lot of money on this accessories already. How much are you willing to sell?

I burnt a lot of money on this accessories already. How much are you willing to sell?

as what keito said "it's better to test first before buying ..." .. so test it 1st and find it worth to get , then buy ....

Well as a newbie, I have to suffer certain pitfalls before I learn. And I am willing to accept that. I just hope it will not be so expensive. Ouch. Anyway, I did test it out, but missed noticing the distortion on the lcd screen. Sigh. Well there's always next time.

for teleconverters, you need to check out the actual magnification too. I've checked out several and most are way below their rated specs.

Originally posted by mpenza
for teleconverters, you need to check out the actual magnification too. I've checked out several and most are way below their rated specs.

KC, any skills you can pass down to us newbies when buying these accessories? Thanks.:bsmilie:

Mpenza, any skills you can pass down to us newbies when buying these accessories? Thanks.:bsmilie:

I'm a newbie too and don't really know all the things to look out for. It might not be easy to detect image quality problems on the LCD of the camera. And outputing to TV doesn't really help. So, if you want to check on the image quality, try out the lens atthe shop and go home to view the pics on your PC. If you're satisfied with it, go back to the shop to buy.

As for the "zoom factor", a 2x teleconverter by right should allow you to zoom in 2x for the length and 2x for the breadth. The area should be 4x! To check the "zoom factor", focus on something that occupies half the LCD/viewfinder WITHOUT the teleconverter. Then put on the teleconverter and check how much longer the subject becomes.

Megadark:

Maybe you can bring the TC back to the shop to exchange for something else like flash, memory etc

A 2x converter does not result in a magnification of 2x length and 2x breadth. Simply because, as you say, that would be 4x area. A 2x converter doubles the focal length (FL x 2, hence 2x). So a 200mm lens becomes a 400mm lens. This results in a 2x increase in magnification, and obviously only a 1.4x increase in length and breadth dimensions.

Originally posted by Jed
A 2x converter does not result in a magnification of 2x length and 2x breadth. Simply because, as you say, that would be 4x area. A 2x converter doubles the focal length (FL x 2, hence 2x). So a 200mm lens becomes a 400mm lens. This results in a 2x increase in magnification, and obviously only a 1.4x increase in length and breadth dimensions.

hmm... is it? Then should the Olympus C-210 1.9x teleconverter (1.9x increase in length and 1.9x increase in breadth) be re-labelled as a 3.6x teleconverter instead?

I would have thought a change in the focal length (one-dimensional) would result in a corresponding change in another one-dimensional measurement. If you check out review pics, you'll find that a camera lens at 380mm will produce about 10x increase length wise compared to the same lens at 38mm.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

No, you are right. I'm suffering massive brain fade from a stupid trusts essay I've been working on for most of the last 48 hours (another 48 to go), so I've not functioning at full flow. I'm just being thick... ignore me!

I bought it at another shop at Peninsula Shopping Complex at about $30.

Originally posted by Kevin
Megadark,

How much did you pay for the 41-37mm lens tube from AP?

Status
Not open for further replies.