Vignetting Effect - Please Share!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godzilla Invades

Dec 14, 2003
Toa Payoh
Visit site
Let us share the many ways of creating vignetting effect using Photoshop and other methods.

I would normally use when I am converting my RAW files.

Oracle have shared with us that he uses Filter - Distort

Some other members use the burning effect manually.

Let us share! No Trade Secrets:sticktong...!:bsmilie:

This is using the burn effect:

902378801_a0590e47e1.jpg

My Simple Style.
912527789_d88a1d5bde_o.jpg

1. Elleptical Marquee Tool 2. Select Invert 3. Feather (from 100~150) up to you 4. Curve (pull down the curve)

I am using Photoshop CS2 most of the time. Maybe I am new, but I suggest to do it under Filter > Distort > Lens Correction > Vignette > "adjust to left". I am not sure is it the same method as described by Oracle coz I just saw the thread and do a quick reply to share my technique on this vignette thingy...hope it helps..:D

After adjusting the vignette, you can move the "center Position" (the slider below the vignette slider) to adjust the size of the vignette:)

I am using Photoshop CS2 most of the time. Maybe I am new, but I suggest to do it under Filter > Distort > Lens Correction > Vignette > "adjust to left". I am not sure is it the same method as described by Oracle coz I just saw the thread and do a quick reply to share my technique on this vignette thingy...hope it helps..:D

I sometimes use a reversed circular gradient. looks crappy though. hehe

Normally, I would create a black layer, use a big brush to erase the area I want to show then adjust the transparency to suit.
Using GIMP currently... :)

I sometimes use a reversed circular gradient. looks crappy though. hehe

feather it.... and you'd get a better effect.

After adjusting the vignette, you can move the "center Position" (the slider below the vignette slider) to adjust the size of the vignette:)

Thanks for the tips guys. This is the result from hands-on following your advice with the pic borrowed from a pal here(hope he dosn't mind).

sample.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.