Vignetting Effect - Please Share!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 14, 2003
Toa Payoh
Visit site
Let us share the many ways of creating vignetting effect using Photoshop and other methods.

I would normally use when I am converting my RAW files.

Oracle have shared with us that he uses Filter - Distort

Some other members use the burning effect manually.

Let us share! No Trade Secrets:sticktong...!:bsmilie:

picheers

Dec 10, 2006
KCH
www.picheers.com
I am using Photoshop CS2 most of the time. Maybe I am new, but I suggest to do it under Filter > Distort > Lens Correction > Vignette > "adjust to left". I am not sure is it the same method as described by Oracle coz I just saw the thread and do a quick reply to share my technique on this vignette thingy...hope it helps..:D

lastboltnut

Mar 23, 2006
Where the wind blows...
After adjusting the vignette, you can move the "center Position" (the slider below the vignette slider) to adjust the size of the vignette:)

I am using Photoshop CS2 most of the time. Maybe I am new, but I suggest to do it under Filter > Distort > Lens Correction > Vignette > "adjust to left". I am not sure is it the same method as described by Oracle coz I just saw the thread and do a quick reply to share my technique on this vignette thingy...hope it helps..:D

magnum25

Jul 16, 2007
I sometimes use a reversed circular gradient. looks crappy though. hehe

SnapSnap

Sep 1, 2004
Singapore
Normally, I would create a black layer, use a big brush to erase the area I want to show then adjust the transparency to suit.
Using GIMP currently... :)

wkender

Jul 22, 2007
After adjusting the vignette, you can move the "center Position" (the slider below the vignette slider) to adjust the size of the vignette:)

Thanks for the tips guys. This is the result from hands-on following your advice with the pic borrowed from a pal here(hope he dosn't mind).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom