Viewing tips for seller

jwenchu

Jul 10, 2008
Hi All,

would like to know if anyone has any tips or experience selling lenses or items through CS.
Anything to watch out for incase the buyer tries to be funny etc.

Appreciate any advise.

Thanks.

Hi All,

would like to know if anyone has any tips or experience selling lenses or items through CS.

Appreciate any advise.

Thanks.

"Anything to watch out for incase the buyer tries to be funny"

Funny as in? Take your lens and run away?
You can: Take the cash, pass him the lens.
Or the other way round. Take the cash, keep your lens, ran away... ( Sound so rhythm. LOL)

Anything to watch out? Hmm... good question. Nothing to watch out... Just make sure the buyer don't put airplane...

Cheers. :D

Nothing to watch out... Just make sure the buyer don't put airplane...

How to make sure buyer don't play you out, call police?

Can teach us your method...

How to make sure buyer don't play you out, call police?

Can teach us your method...

Kindda lame...
Useful to those who take public transport only... Public transport including personal transport: WALK

First scenario:
Buyer can deal in the location you chose. You know buyer is a pilot*.

Deal at a place near your house... E.g CCK Lot1 for me.
Ask for confirmation. Buyer say meet at 03.30; CCK Lot1 new york new york for example.
Buyer say ok lah, but you think he want to put airplane.
3.25 give him a call, ask where him. He say On the way.
3.30 give him a call again. he say he reached. Wait for another 10 minute.
Within the 10min he call back: He is interested. Run like heck to meet him. :D
Within the 10min, no call, He put airplane.

To me, this save me the time for bringing out the product just to wait for a PILOT.

Second scenario:
This is quite a mean method for those serious buyer. :(:(:(

Buyer cannot deal in the location you chose. You know buyer is a pilot*.
Lets say. you are selling a huge/bulky item.

You live CCk, He live Changi. He cannot deal in Lot1. How? Most of you see this problem. I know. I meet this problem too...

Just stay at your house and do this well do...

Dealing at City hall Mrt. For example.
Calculate the time fron changi to cityhall... E.g. 30min.

He want to meet you at 5pm raffles place Macdonald. Just on top of the MRT station.
4.15pm call where him. He say he just leave his house.
4.30pm call/message him where him. He say on the way.
4.40pm say you reach. He say ok. He say he at paya laber...

Second scenario Part A:
He is a serious buyer.

5pm. He reach. He automatic call you. (Because you at home, you can't possibly meet him in 5min unless you can fly...)

Tell him in a very polite manner that you are sorry, something cropped up, took a cab backed home already. Too anxious, forget to give you a call.

Tell him: "How bout' dealing tomorrow or anytime the buyer wants..."
If he is serious enough, he will say: Ok. I'll message you later about the timing tomorrow"

Second scenario Part B:
He is a pilot*

5pm, Wait for his call that he reach. But there wouldn't be... But he called you, continue with part A.

Sit down and relax...

----------------------------------------------
Cheers :D

Ps. I only do this 2 method if i really believe that he is a pilot.
But sometimes, assuming is wrong.

*Pilot - He put airplane.

For me, I sell equipment at my convenience and will not go out of the way to meet the buyer in case he tries anything funny.
I buy equipment only at places convenient for both the seller and I in case the seller tries something funny.

Another thing I often do is to search for the HP number of the buyer/seller to check his "reputation".
More often than not, these "pilots" are "serial-pilots"...
But then again, I have only encountered one pilot who didn't waste any of my time since we were supposed to meet at my convenience.

wa...steady u quite an imaginative guy, :thumbsup: as u can conjur up so many possible scenarios..or is it ur personal experience?

Kindda lame...
Useful to those who take public transport only... Public transport including personal transport: WALK

First scenario:

Ask for confirmation. Buyer say meet at 03.30; CCK Lot1 new york new york for example.
Within the 10min he call back: He is interested. Run like heck to meet him.

To me, this save me the time for bringing out the product just to wait for a PILOT.

Second scenario:

You live CCk, He live Changi. He cannot deal in Lot1. How? Most of you see this problem. I know. I meet this problem too...

He want to meet you at 5pm raffles place Macdonald. Just on top of the MRT station.

Second scenario Part A:
He is a serious buyer.

5pm. He reach. He automatic call you. (Because you at home, you can't possibly meet him in 5min unless you can fly...)

Tell him in a very polite manner that you are sorry, something cropped up, took a cab backed home already. Too anxious, forget to give you a call.

If he is serious enough, he will say: Ok. I'll message you later about the timing tomorrow"

Second scenario Part B:
He is a pilot*

5pm, Wait for his call that he reach. But there wouldn't be... But he called you, continue with part A.

Sit down and relax...

Hi All,

Appreciate any advise.

Thanks.

i once met a buyer who owned a troupe of pigeons.

he had trained them to bomb sellers with their cargo. they would identify the target as the one with a rose in their hair. thankfully i realised his ploy quickly after i saw the pigeons zooming at me, else he would have taken my lens and ran away and i would just be standing there with a flower in my hair.

so beware, especially when buyers make funny requests , like "meet me at the top storey of the multistorey carpark, with a rose in your hair."

I die die will not meet the buyers anywhere except near my place.. or if i go town then probably will arrange..Cause if the buyers is sincere he will come down to your place. As a buyer i make trip down to the seller house in almost all the occasions (and i do encounter buyer who overstate the condition of the lens about 50% of the time).. I do not know why most of the buyers in this forum seem to be very freaky minded and a little bit sissy.. They can sms u like very enthusiastic in the sales but can sms back in the last minutes of trade that he cannot make it... then i ask izzt coming tomorrow... he can sms said he give it a miss.... dun want say dun want lor why so sissy you are a guy not a lady leh..:confused:..

And also as a seller do not allow reservation even if that buyer is very keen.. kana so many times in the end he/she never even sms back.. Just sell to anyone that comes first... FIRST COME FIRST SERVE basics only.

And also if possible do not provide yr contact number.. like this you can see who the nick that the buyer is and possible to check his past records for pilot license.. And PM can be use as proof of any misunderstandings..

As a seller state the condition of yr equipments you want to sell as accurate as possible.. best to provide clear photos. This is to prevent any misunderstandings during the trade. If there is any scratches or defects show it to the buyer and let him decide. Cheers happy selling:)

Last edited:
thanks for all the replies man. really insightful. infact, i was more interested in the what to do when the buyer take your lens and run option. LOL!

Kindda lame...

First scenario:

Within the 10min he call back: He is interested. Run like heck to meet him. :D

Second scenario:

Second scenario Part A:
He is a serious buyer.

Second scenario Part B:
He is a pilot*

Sit down and relax...

Try this and in 4 out of 10 times you'll be faced with an extremely unhappy buyer.

Hi All,

Appreciate any advise.

Thanks.
I check out the price and condition of similar item in B&S which I intent to sell, and price my item slightly lower than what I found there. and usually my items are sold within very short period, some even on the same day.

the saving of my time and efforts is much worth than the lower of my selling price

Selling at $XXX.00. this price is fixed. None negotiable.

I have ensure both are in good working condition and all parts, accessories are in place before put up for sale, so items will be sold at it is, please check items before make the deal, no personal warranty will given.

NO Reservation, First Come First Serve.

Place to view and deal is MY PLACE, weekday anytime, please PM or email if interested.

Those who make offer lower than $XXX.00, or propose other meeting venue beside MY PLACE, your PM, SMS, and emails will be ignored.

thanks for all the replies man. really insightful. infact, i was more interested in the what to do when the buyer take your lens and run option. LOL!

Haha... Like what i said: YOU Take the cash, THEN pass him the lens.
Or Take the cash, keep your lens, ran away...

CHEERS :D:D:D

I get really piss of when sellers overstate the item condition, so do take note on that.

I get really piss of when sellers overstate the item condition, so do take note on that.

What if they understate the item condition?

Yup... same experience.

Seller stated condition 10 for a body, when I checked the condition is not even 8 :bigeyes:
Wasted my time only leh...

Yup... same experience.

Seller stated condition 10 for a body, when I checked the condition is not even 8 :bigeyes:
Wasted my time only leh...

I know what you mean. Really wasted by time.:angry:, especially when you have
to travel more than an hour to the place where the seller wants to deal. Really disappointing.

Sigh!:(

Meet at your nearby police post, let them witness the trade. if unsincere/pilot buyer will not come...

Meet at your nearby police post, let them witness the trade. if unsincere/pilot buyer will not come...

wah, idea so cool...nv thot of using tt...:bsmilie: those who come are confirm dead serious:sweatsm:

i once met a buyer who owned a troupe of pigeons.

he had trained them to bomb sellers with their cargo. they would identify the target as the one with a rose in their hair. thankfully i realised his ploy quickly after i saw the pigeons zooming at me, else he would have taken my lens and ran away and i would just be standing there with a flower in my hair.

so beware, especially when buyers make funny requests , like "meet me at the top storey of the multistorey carpark, with a rose in your hair."

night86mare, Thanks for sharing this experience of yours...this is one of the best reply here so far...:bsmilie::bsmilie: :sweatsm: