Viewing slides

Status
Not open for further replies.

castor

Oct 15, 2002
Visit site
Hi:

Newbie here.
I have recently take some pics using slide films. May I know is there any type of equipment to view the slides (preferably cheap ones) apart from a slide projector and holding it up against a light source?

Thank you.

I have something called the Kaiser Diascop (available at Photohub OUB). Its a small box. You just pop a mounted slide or a alide strip in the botton and look down thru a glass chamber. More convenient than a loupe and lighttable. But prob is colour of light source not white, so colours may not be too accurate (not too bad actually) and the "lens" is not as sharp. Quite cheap though - arnd 30 bucks.

you can get a reasonably cheap light panel/lightbox and a loupe to view your slides. something like a Peak loupe would do fine.

1. lightbox
2. loupe (to see thru the slides on the lightbox)
3. rechargable batt for lightbox (optional)

Shop recommended : CP , Fotoguide or Ruby

Originally posted by megaweb
1. lightbox
2. loupe (to see thru the slides on the lightbox)
3. rechargable batt for lightbox (optional)

Shop recommended : CP , Fotoguide or Ruby

1. Look for one below $100 with a 5000k lamp and a socket for external power supply. I recommend you pay a visit to fotoguide.

2. If you don't have many $$$, use plastic loupe, the result is just as good if you keep it free from dust and scratches.

3. (Compulsory) Any consumer adapter with matching current and voltage. The light source will not stay at 5000k if the batt are weak, worse of all, you will wonder why all the film has a blue cast :p

Status
Not open for further replies.