Viewing RAW files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

exiledbummer

Dec 29, 2006
I have some problems viewing the RAW files taken by the K10D. I have tried using Adobe and Rawshooter, but the software always prompts saying that no RAW files can be detected. Please advise.

Many thanks.

thanks...but i thought raw shooter should do fine...should i use the RAW(PEF) or RAW(DNG)? are they both the same?

thanks...but i thought raw shooter should do fine...should i use the RAW(PEF) or RAW(DNG)? are they both the same?

You have to set the format to DNG to use with raw shooter. There's no plug-in or update for it.

Hi
I have already converted by 10MB Pentax raw files to 5MB (is this normal?) adobe dng format but raw shooter does not seem to be able to see them also. I tried looking for a setting in RawShooter that will allow me to change the format supported to DNG but there does not seem to be any?
Any ideas how?
Thanks

Hi
I have already converted by 10MB Pentax raw files to 5MB (is this normal?) adobe dng format but raw shooter does not seem to be able to see them also. I tried looking for a setting in RawShooter that will allow me to change the format supported to DNG but there does not seem to be any?
Any ideas how?
Thanks

u are in luck;)
click me

Try the new Lightroom demo too. It works really well.

Hi
Will Ver 3.7 (mine is 3.6) allow the .dng files to work with rawshooter? (I do not have photoshop...)
Will have to try it later. BTW, what's the difference between the"raw converter" and the "dng raw converter"?
cheers

Hi
Will Ver 3.7 (mine is 3.6) allow the .dng files to work with rawshooter? (I do not have photoshop...)
Will have to try it later. BTW, what's the difference between the"raw converter" and the "dng raw converter"?
cheers

u using rawshooter essential or premium?
regardless of using pef or pentax dng..u still need to convert them into
adobe dng with Adobe DNG Converter 3.6 to enable rawshooter to work

u using rawshooter essential or premium?
regardless of using pef or pentax dng..u still need to convert them into
adobe dng with Adobe DNG Converter 3.6 to enable rawshooter to work

Hi eow
I'm using rawshooter essential 2006. I did convert my K100D raw files into dng files using both dng converter 3.6 and 3.7 but the result is when I navigate to the folder where the dng files are, it reported no supported raw files found.
cheers

I am now experimenting with Photoshop Elements 5.0 after getting it as a present some months back. I used it to process my raw images but strangely, while the processed image looks ok in PSE, when I opened the exported JPG file in Photobase, ACDC or other image software, it appears too dark. Did I miss out something or some setting I need to check?
Appreciate any help.

Also, is it possible to save a standard set of custom changes and use it everytime for all other images?

Thanks!

Does it turn out dark when opened by Windows Image and Fax Viewer or Preview?

Does it turn out dark when opened by Windows Image and Fax Viewer or Preview?

when using acdc 4.0 or photobase 4.5 or Picture Publisher..
Its not unusable..just darker.

Status
Not open for further replies.