Viewing PC external drive with Mac?


Status
Not open for further replies.

Jia Wang

New Member
Feb 20, 2004
1,306
0
0
43
Starry Night
www.pbase.com
#2
Sion said:
Dear Computer Gurus,

What softeware do I need to be able to read a PC external with my G5 running on System 9?

Thank you!

Best regards.
Wow... why r u running system 9 on a G5?

Anyway, u might like to try http://www.macuser.org.sg/yabbse/index.php
It's a Mac Users Group (MUG) forum... the specialists are there...

Hope this helps... :)
 

Sep 3, 2003
1,678
0
0
49
Sengkang
Visit site
#3
Sion said:
Dear Computer Gurus,

What softeware do I need to be able to read a PC external with my G5 running on System 9?

Thank you!

Best regards.
As long as you don't format your HDD with NTFS, Mac will be able to detect the HDD automatically.. use FAT32 format.
 

showtime

New Member
May 2, 2003
984
0
0
39
Singapore
Visit site
#4
if you use OSX (and you should), the drive will appear on your desktop when you plug it in. either firewire or usb ports will do...
 

hongsien

Senior Member
Mar 11, 2002
3,688
0
36
105
Hong Kong
Visit site
#6
Why is everyone harping about OSX? I am one of those that doesn't like OSX, I still prefer the older OS 9...easier for me to, to each his/her own.....

Hong Sien
 

oeyvind

Senior Member
Feb 25, 2002
3,828
1
38
www.oeyvind.org
#7
hongsien said:
Why is everyone harping about OSX? I am one of those that doesn't like OSX, I still prefer the older OS 9...easier for me to, to each his/her own.....

Hong Sien
Well, classic Mac OS is good for some stuffs true but it's RIP and EOL support as well.

All the apps requires Mac OS X as well. Why not OS X? It's real UNIX as well. It collects to almost everything without any add on as well.

P.S. True some stuffs is fast on classic Mac OS, but it can go kaboom fast as well. I usually never shutdown/restart my box in Mac OS X... never have to as well (unless I install a update)
 

Sep 3, 2003
1,678
0
0
49
Sengkang
Visit site
#9
hongsien said:
Why is everyone harping about OSX? I am one of those that doesn't like OSX, I still prefer the older OS 9...easier for me to, to each his/her own.....

Hong Sien
I think for winXP users that convert to Mac, OSX is the only OS to go..
Old Mac users may still like OS9.. New users, only OSX.. :dunno:
 

oeyvind

Senior Member
Feb 25, 2002
3,828
1
38
www.oeyvind.org
#10
Eyesthruthelens said:
I think for winXP users that convert to Mac, OSX is the only OS to go..
Old Mac users may still like OS9.. New users, only OSX.. :dunno:
hmmm, I've using Mac OS since 6.0.x on the IIci, that's before System 7... and believe me Mac OS X is the only way to go lah, been using it since Rhapsody (DP release which is very OpenStep like).

Now, what I do missed is classic Mac OS can be very fast in certain task.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom