VIEW NEX5 VIDEO FILE ON MAC BOOK

NEXUSER

Jun 10, 2012
Singapore
Dear All,

Try using my MAC Book to view the Video Files from the Memory Stick recorded using NEX5 Camera. There are only 4 files available, they are AVCHD, DCIM, MISC & MP_ROOT. Not sure which is the correct file for Video which i've tried to open all files. However, none of the file can be open.

I believed i don't have the required application to view the video file. My i know which is the correct file for Video and what application should i use to view the Video files using MAC Book?

Appreciate your kind information.

These names are rather the folder names. Folders named DCIM and MISC also occurs on memory cards of Canon (and I'm sure on others as well).

Do a google search for "view Sony NEX Video on Mac" and you would have had your answer a long time ago.

NEXUSER said:
Dear All,

Try using my MAC Book to view the Video Files from the Memory Stick recorded using NEX5 Camera. There are only 4 files available, they are AVCHD, DCIM, MISC & MP_ROOT. Not sure which is the correct file for Video which i've tried to open all files. However, none of the file can be open.

I believed i don't have the required application to view the video file. My i know which is the correct file for Video and what application should i use to view the Video files using MAC Book?

Appreciate your kind information.

Sony cameras sort media by type in different folders. DCIM is photos, MP_ROOT is video.