View from Skypark

jefflimhc

Aug 16, 2007
Sengkang
IMG_5046-1.jpg

Hi, I am a newbie and this is my first posting

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Composition & exposure.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
I wanted to capture a piece of the Singapore nite scenery with the flyer as the backdrop

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

Pic was taken around around 10pm after a rainy day....
Exposure Program: Aperture
Exposure time: 30sec
F-Number: f/13
ISO: 100
Focal Length: 32mm

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
Felt that the pic is a bit over-exposed.
Is there any area which I can improved on?

Thanks for all your comments!!!!!

Hi jefflimhc,

I feel that u can turn this into a landscape. It looks foggy to me. I would have use manual mode to set the exposure. I would probably use 15 sec at 11.
But this is trial and error things. You need to try a few different settings to get it "right"

Cheers

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
I wanted to capture a piece of the Singapore nite scenery with the flyer as the backdrop

the flyer is chopped off. I think a landscape orientation would work better here.

Agreed with rest, this picture works better with landscape format. Yes, I find the picture slightly overexposed, you can pp it to tune down the exposure.
You may want to consider manual or shutter mode next time for night scene and tried different F and exposure time settings and choose the best.
Part of the building and metal rail on the bottom left of the picture are a great distraction. As I have not been to skypark, so I am not sure whether they are other spots which can take a better view. Keep shooting.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the comments. I also find that the pic is overexposed. Will tried the various setting nxt round. Took this right outside Ku De Da,limited access, as part of the skypark is closed after certain time. I will probably try again next round but will go early so that I will have full access to the area. Cheers!!!

I don't think portrait orientation works in this case, especially if the railing already partially intrudes in the frame on the lower left side.
Looks overexposed, and the horizon is slanting.

I think the other side (towards CBD) is nicer? :)