View from Marina Barrage

elsison

Dec 21, 2009
MarinaBarrage3.jpg

1. In which area is critique or feedback to be given?
- Overall composition
2. What were you hoping to achieve with this image?
- I am trying out night scape
3. Under what circumstance was the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
- Taken at around 8pm, with tripod. Exposure 30s, f16
4. Thread-starter's personal thoughts about the image.
- I like how the flyer, mbs and marina barrage come together

I think its a fair attempt at using that curve to anchor the image..... a little messy bottom right but it helps in leading the eye into the image

work that curve a little more to accentuate that 'sweep'

there's a muddy brown cast over the image which IMHO detracts .... but that's strictly personal

wah not bad! i like!!!

could be better if the image is longer. like a 1 and 1/2 image pano or taken zoomed out then cropped or taken using a pano camera.
(i've always wanted to own a pano camera, but got no info on it)

not bad... i like the amount of detail that you have...

but similarly i don't like the brown tone..

as for the composition, i think you have alot of edges cut off suddenly... it may be difficult to get everything , maybe the biggest one is the cuttin of the big curve on the right...

but nice overall feel...

Thanks a lot guys. Your comments means a lot to me. I agree with the choco color.

Cheers!

horizon is slightly tilted but nothing a bit of adjustment during PP can't do.

composition wise, imho, i would shift to the right to show the part tht have been cut off and also show lesser of the sky.

wat WB were you using? dnt really remember colors were like that last time i shot @ there

Last edited:
MarinaBarrage32.jpg

How about this guys?

i prefer the second so so much more

Thank you Fapic. I like the second one also.

2nd one looks better..:D

the curve sweeps through the picture, and then comes back at the viewer - generally not something very desirable as you want to keep interest within the frame.

the second picture's WB is definitely more pleasing.

you can afford to crop off some of the top, to reduce the amount of dead space there.