Vietnam honours 2 Singaporean photographers killed during Vietnam War

Status
Not open for further replies.
nightwolf75 said:
http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/singapore/story/0,4386,265377,00.html?

Glad to know that Vietnam is honouring the 135 photographers, including 3 Singaporeans, killed during the Vietnam War in a photo exhibition. I din know our country's photographers were there too, covering the war... :cry:

Well, this country is not known to show honour to achievers in the artistic arena. I have to hear of these photogs names from an exhibition in Vietnam!!

Read the forum section today, our Singapore choirs made some stellar achievements in the International Choir Olympic held in Germany. Yet back home, er...., hehe... I don't think many people have heard of such an event.

Ansel said:
Well, this country is not known to show honour to achievers in the artistic arena. I have to hear of these photogs names from an exhibition in Vietnam!!

Read the forum section today, our Singapore choirs made some stellar achievements in the International Choir Olympic held in Germany. Yet back home, er...., hehe... I don't think many people have heard of such an event.

sad but true, ansel... but, hopefully, things will change? we have good talents in singapore. just dat mebbe we, Singaporeans, are so caught up with the idea of 'foreign talents' that we only recognise artists from overseas as 'talents', including many singaporeans who have gone overseas.

Ansel said:

Hehe.. Hwachong Choir! =)

SniperD said:
this is one exhibition not to be missed then :)

ah... sniperD, its in vietnam's ho chih minh city... ;) i wonder if they are going to bring it for a tour?

Status
Not open for further replies.