Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMDer

Feb 17, 2002
Digital Age
www.pbase.com
went there on budget airline, TigerAirways.

1) Vietnam Hawker
viet_5.jpg

2) Vegetable seller
viet_6.jpg

3) Vietnam Woman in Traditional Costumes
viet_2.jpg

4) Nightshot (handheld)
viet_4.jpg

5) Mekong River Ah Ma
viet_3.jpg

6) Mekong River Lady
viet_1.jpg

7) My GF and her friend (i love 50mm!)
viet_7.jpg

Hey!
thanks for your info on the mach 2...
Mind telling me the airfare for this trip? & any extra costs? How u booked it ?

Yeah, I'm interested to know about the airfare pricing you paid. I was there twice in the past few years, paid a lot for the airfare. Saigon is a lovely place for street photography. It's like a step into a totally different world. Very enchanting.

snowspeeder said:
Saigon is a lovely place for street photography. It's like a step into a totally different world. Very enchanting.

The city is quite well developed...
Must go to the suburban & rural areas...

AReality said:
The city is quite well developed...
Must go to the suburban & rural areas...

For rural areas, Hanoi would be a good choice. Less developed there. Not sure if air tiger goes there.

i paid $135 total for airfare including taxes. that was during the $39.89 promotion..but now the promotion is at $9.98 one way. i got a friend going there next month, and she is paying only $90+ including taxes! wow!

i stay at the backpackers lane hotels. room rates range from US$2 per night to US$15.
we choose a bedroom for 3 at US$4 per person per day. stayed there for 2 nights, so we pay US$24.

spending there is cheap especially food! and i mean cheap..go ahead and order as much as u wan..u definately can afford it.. u will laugh after u walk off paying the bill.

AMDer said:
i paid $135 total for airfare including taxes. that was during the $39.89 promotion..but now the promotion is at $9.98 one way. i got a friend going there next month, and she is paying only $90+ including taxes! wow!

i stay at the backpackers lane hotels. room rates range from US$2 per night to US$15.
we choose a bedroom for 3 at US$4 per person per day. stayed there for 2 nights, so we pay US$24.

spending there is cheap especially food! and i mean cheap..go ahead and order as much as u wan..u definately can afford it.. u will laugh after u walk off paying the bill.

WOW! It is so affordable. Is your ticket price one way or for return? Few years ago, I paid S$640 for a return ticket on Vietnam Air. SQ was about $700. Would be a great idea to organize a CS outing to Saigon and visit it rural areas as well!

Was there for 18 days last december...
The stuff there is about 1/5th the price here.
I don't mind going back there again..

The only thing expensive there is probably just the high class hotels. More ex than compared to Malaysia.

i paid $135 for return. but right now the promotion is only at $90+ for return.

try to stay at backpackers lane for cheap hotels, and a lot of ang mo if u need to speak to someone who knows english. everyone is so helpful there.

and yes..life is very relax and wayback there as u can see from the photos..

AMDer said:
i paid $135 for return. but right now the promotion is only at $90+ for return.

try to stay at backpackers lane for cheap hotels, and a lot of ang mo if u need to speak to someone who knows english. everyone is so helpful there.

and yes..life is very relax and wayback there as u can see from the photos..

Does the S$70 visa still apply?
Are there websites for cheap accomodation?

Status
Not open for further replies.