Videos and advertising

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattlock

Feb 28, 2004
www.superhyperreal.com
which do you think is more effective for you in terms of positive feelings towards a brand:
an entertaining video that is linked to an advertiser without specifically advertising their product,

or an entertaining video that is specifically advertising a product?

Either could work though most advertisers would prefer upfront product exposure (read - lower production and media costs).

A lot depends on the brand strat which in turn drives all the other strats. Thing is, for the former to work, the creatives have to be very very compelling and media placement has to be spot-on for it to create maximum impact.

One of the most memorable campaigns of indirect selling I remember is the one for Sovil et Titus with CY Fatt as a WWII pilot. The product feature only came on subtly at the end of the TVCs and that was carried through with painstakingly designed collaterals. Production and media must have costed a bomb!

Another examples would be the AXA life campaign with the young successful adult re-visiting his old kampung house (and memories).

Direct and entertaining are aplenty, like Coke's 'First Kiss', the launch of the UOB ladies card (the boys just don't get it[?]) as well as Citibank's 'Preferred' series that was shot entirely in SG but looked like it was shot in Europe. I'm sure there are many more examples.

Last edited:
For me, an ad which shows just how the product can work is very effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.