Video function help needed for Canon 600D.

Irisviel

Aug 17, 2012
Bukit Panjang Estate
Hey there, got my 600D a couple of months ago.

There's some problem with the video function because whenever I'd started recording, it will automatically be stopped after a few seconds.. which means I'm only able to capture about a few seconds of content.. does anyone know how I can fix it so it can record continuously until the battery dies or the memory card is filled? :bigeyes:

Should be your SD card causing the problem. It's not able to cope with the speed of information your camera is sending in. Only way out is to get a new card with a higher writing speed. :)

Hi there. I don't think it's my SD card, 'cause I have the default one and I bought one 32 GB at Mustafa.. and the thing is, sometimes i'm able to record for about 10++ seconds, but sometimes it just stops.. in any case, do you have a recommendation on what kind of SD cards I should buy and where I can get them? xoxo

I'm pretty sure I'm not, and that is giving me a headache, was planning to call Canon and ask for help, but still, hoping to seek solutions without having to go through much hassle. And by the way, my camera is maintained well enough so I'm pretty sure that it's not spoilt, unless..

You are not in video snapshot mode right?

[]How do I take video snapshots? (EOS REBEL T3i/EOS 600D)[/url]

I'm pretty sure I'm not, and that is giving me a headache, was planning to call Canon and ask for help, but still, hoping to seek solutions without having to go through much hassle. And by the way, my camera is maintained well enough so I'm pretty sure that it's not spoilt, unless..

For peace of mind pay CSC a visit. Else try a fast Class 10 card, COMEX is here :)

Your sd card has to be at least class 6 or 8 to record video. Doesnt matter the size of the card, its the speed

it's the SD card issue. i do videos on 60D as well... i own 4 class 10 SD cards. Sony 32GB class 10, Sandisk 16GB UHS-1 class 10, toshiba 16GB class 10, kingmax 16GB class 10...

the sony and kingmax constantly gives me problem, it will stop recording after about 10 seconds occasionally... the sandisk and toshiba don't have this issue...

so it depends on the SD card. the kingmax may be claiming a class 10 that never really is... but i'm disappointed the Sony has this issue, but my guess is if your SD card may vary in quality.

I recorded few clips with my 600D, about 10 mins each, with my bundled SD card, lexar class 4. Default video mode setting, not sure what quality is that, but the play back resolution quite high resolution.

I agree with the others that the issue here is in regards to the SD card.

You would need at least a SD card with a writing speed of 20mb/s.

Sandisk SD cards from Class 6 above has a writing speed of 20mb/s, Class 10 has 30 (or 33)mb/s.

But other brands like Transcend, Kingston, Toshiba (etc) SD cards have a writing speed of 20mb/s only on their Class 10 cards.

The recommended brands of SD cards from me and my peers in the film industry are Sandisk and Sony, as all the prices are similar, its best to get a Sandisk SD card.

Problems like irregular writing speed and card reading error are the most common problems occurring on Kingston, Kingmax.

This information is personal and if you need more information check out the reviews on amazon. Good Luck!

Hi there. I don't think it's my SD card, 'cause I have the default one and I bought one 32 GB at Mustafa.. and the thing is, sometimes i'm able to record for about 10++ seconds, but sometimes it just stops.. in any case, do you have a recommendation on what kind of SD cards I should buy and where I can get them? xoxo

You can check out Best Bargain Computer (#05-02) at Sim Lim Square. Their prices are really good.

You can check out Best Bargain Computer (#05-02) at Sim Lim Square. Their prices are really good.

Does anyone one here bought from overseas? Seems like the overseas pricing is not bad.... I am thinking... but worried about warranty issue and hope bro could advice....

I am looking at Sandisk CF 32GB Extreme, and the price is just too good...... and tempting.... from B&H website.......

I am new to videography too... forced to shoot video, and was shocked when i filled my 16gb card in a very short time.... :eek:

Does anyone one here bought from overseas? Seems like the overseas pricing is not bad.... I am thinking... but worried about warranty issue and hope bro could advice....

I am looking at Sandisk CF 32GB Extreme, and the price is just too good...... and tempting.... from B&H website.......

I am new to videography too... forced to shoot video, and was shocked when i filled my 16gb card in a very short time.... :eek:

Haha this price will make your jaw drop even more. Have an option to buy warranty too. Only thing it seems abit too good to be true....
KingSpec 32GB High Speed 50 Pin 600x CF Compact Flash 90MB/S Camera Memory Card | eBay