Video Cam and Digital Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tie Wrap

Mar 14, 2006
do we have video cam that can also be used as digital cameras? its just like 2 in one. do you have any suggestions.

thanks

Tie Wrap said:
do we have video cam that can also be used as digital cameras? its just like 2 in one. do you have any suggestions.

thanks

as far as I know, most (if not all) videocams can take still photos.

michhy said:
as far as I know, most (if not all) videocams can take still photos.

but the quality and speed of the cam is not of very good quality.....
Depends on your needs.
Do you want a camera with a video cam function - prosumer cams
or more of a video cam with occasional photo (lower quality) function.

i want more of a video cam and can even take quality still photos.

thanks for the reply guys

Tie Wrap said:

you can try sony's Vcam... Got nightvision too.. can give the 3CCD cam a try.

Tie Wrap said:

Canon XL2.:cool:

The quality is not as good as a digital camera.

As a rule of thumb, get either one for their own dedicated function. A videocam for video recording and a still camera for picture taking n nothing else.

Tie Wrap said:

Pardon me to be blunt. There is no best of both world. Be it a 3 CCD HD camcoder, it still cannot produce quality still picture as compared to digital still camera or no digital still camera can produce quality video footage.(Talking about quality alone)
So it all root down to what u really take or shoot most of the time.
Personally got a panny 3 ccd camcoder, the still picture quality can't even compared to a 2 megapix digital still.And it's pretty troublesome switching tha dial button from video to still. No doubt u can press the photo shoot button while in video mode but the still picture recorded will be in lower resolution like 640 X 480 or 800 X 600. If u want better resolution, u need to switch it to still cam mode.
Just my 2 cents worth.

Tie Wrap said:

How about one of those 3G mobile phones? The still and video quality doesn't differ a lot......

.....both are just as bad... ;)

Tie Wrap said:

thanks

How about the Sony M2, jack of all trades but master of none. the M2 is designed for both stills and videos. It is a decent pns with 5.1mp and a decent video cam with mpeg 4 and stereo sound at the same time. see here for a review. think there are more digital cameras that takes decent movies than video camcorders that takes good pictures.

Bump into the review for sanyo's version of hybrid camera here that comes with 10x optical zoom. but the price will put many people off.

top_logo.gif

headline_mvx4i.gif

mvx4i.jpg

World’s highest still resolution for a single CCD camcorder

Powerful 1/ 2.8-inch 4.29-megapixel CCD for high resolution videos
and outstanding quality still images with finer details and sharpness for up to A4 printouts.

- Movie: 3.5 million effective pixels

- Stills: 4 million effective pixels

TechMage said:
top_logo.gif

headline_mvx4i.gif

mvx4i.jpg

World’s highest still resolution for a single CCD camcorder

Powerful 1/ 2.8-inch 4.29-megapixel CCD for high resolution videos
and outstanding quality still images with finer details and sharpness for up to A4 printouts.

- Movie: 3.5 million effective pixels

- Stills: 4 million effective pixels
Yep, or u can try Canon Camcoder. IIRC, the video and still picture recording run on two different engine. Saw it somewhere on the net, just can't remember which website liao.

Status
Not open for further replies.