VICTORIA (Ukraine) by Calvin Christian

calvin christian

Jan 20, 2010
I'm a newbie to this genre of Model Shooting - it's only my 2nd attempt at photographing models. Please comment and drop some advise. Thank you. This shoot was organised by Ivan (Modelinn), last saturday morning - Model is Victoria.

Victoria01.jpg
[/IMG]

Victoria02.jpg
[/IMG]

Victoria03.jpg
[/IMG]

Victoria04.jpg
[/IMG]

Victoria06.jpg
[/IMG]

Ivan is the best shoot organizer I have encountered so far. Noticed that only 1 out of 5 shots has eye contact. Having eye contact is not a must but the whole idea of eye contact is for the viewer to some sense of involvement or connection. If no eye contact, only #5 works for me. But it's good work for 2nd time shooting. So go ahead and experiment. Remember to not keep quiet and do some directing and get the attention of the model. You paid to be her "boss" for that 2-3 hours.

Thanks for the advice, I'm gonna try more for sure :)

The last shot is good.. captured her smile and the eyes are sharp. Might want to smoothen the face and wrinkle a little.

Thank you for the comments. Cheers

If this is really your second attempt at photographing model, this is excellent work...keep it coming! :)

Thank you for the compliment. It was my second try - I think that the model looks great and it helped. Really looking forward to my next challenge :)