Vicious Red

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatale

Apr 29, 2008
Hi people im new here and to the world of photography. just gotmy camera on friday and i thought of getting a few tips here. Please tell me how i can improve it.

:D:D:D

i am trying to focus on the door stopper and makes the other pictures blur. i guess i set the iso too high and the picture got pixelated.

hey there, you could adjust the camera's exposure to make your picture a little brighter as it is underexposed aka too dark.

hmmm, is that a door stopper? haha :)

hey there, you could adjust the camera's exposure to make your picture a little brighter as it is underexposed aka too dark.

hmmm, is that a door stopper? haha :)

lol i dont use adobe photoshop this is take purely with a red filter.

probably to make ur subject outstanding, u can haf a tighter crop as the foreground and other elements are quite distracting :)

lol i dont use adobe photoshop this is take purely with a red filter.

I don't think he means in photoshop. To make it brighter in camera without photoshop, make the shutter speed slower or make the aperture bigger if possible. Then you won't need such a high ISO also. Doesn't look like anything in the pic will be affected by slow shutter speed. Try several seconds.

Overall, interesting picture. Don't see such everyday. :thumbsup:

Edit: Did an example in photoshop, but this is achievable with camera only if you don't like photoshop. Will take down the pic if you'd rather.

080501.jpg

messy composition, and it's hard to tell what is going on with so many elements fighting for attention.

the red tone also doesn't add to the picture. this is one that i would not take, and certainly would not keep either

certainly one could use red filter for something OTHER than its intended purpose, but if you didn't know already, red filter MAINLY for bnw film, to improve contrast in many things.

The more I look at it though, the more I think the original landscape orientation was better.

Edit: Better "mood" also. Something lacking in the PSed versions.

tinkering the exposure in the ps like mr altered vision did to ur pics shows a marked improvements :) as ur new to photography keep shooting pics,learn some basic rules of composition,etc learn to understand that a pic is like a dialogue between the viewer and the photographer....shooting subjects that are popular with one and all ,nice way to begin learning photography......:)

Why is it titled "vicious"? What is so vicious about a door stopper?

The focus is not there. The scene is cluttered. The photograph is underexposed. Why is the red filter even on the lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.