Vesak is round the corner !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

glennyong

May 2, 2004
Singapore
Vesak is round the corner.... ;p

long weekend and of course !! maybe can share some spots for Vesak ? ;)

WIsh all Csers a advance Vesak Day too... :thumbsup: and a way LOOOOONG weekend... :bsmilie:

glennyong said:
Vesak is round the corner.... ;p

long weekend and of course !! maybe can share some spots for Vesak ? ;)

WIsh all Csers a advance Vesak Day too... :thumbsup: and a way LOOOOONG weekend... :bsmilie:

Last weekend vesak day celebration cum record breaking of paper lotus folding n talk by 100.3FM DJ n Zhongqin is there as well ....

This fri n sat another celebration cum yi mai hui at suntec FOUNTAIN OF WEALTH! Not to sure will there be any performance but think will be same as last year!:bsmilie:

HAPPY VESAK DAY EVERYONE!!!

:lovegrin: HAPPY VESAK! :lovegrin:

May all beings gain enlightenment :thumbsup:

Here's sharing an event:

Light Procession

Wat Ananda
Jalan Bukit Merah (Near the Exit of CTE Bukit Merah)
11 & 12 May 7pm

:heart:

alba said:
:lovegrin: HAPPY VESAK! :lovegrin:

May all beings gain enlightenment :thumbsup:

Here's sharing an event:

Light Procession

Wat Ananda
Jalan Bukit Merah (Near the Exit of CTE Bukit Merah)
11 & 12 May 7pm

:heart:

Thats the thailand temple rite ? :dunno: maybe droppin by on the friday...

harrynkl said:
does anyone know where are they releasing the animals for Vesak Day or doing any prayers

er.... almost all the big temples in singapore are doing prayers on the friday....

releasing animals (or birds usually) very very rare... i only remembered i released small birds in a paper bag in a temple... and i forgot where i was.... have to ask la..

who ever have hamsters can release them out of the cage for 1 day... hehe...

anyway, threadstarter... which corner? left or right? ;p

harrynkl said:
does anyone know where are they releasing the animals for Vesak Day

That's a bit tricky. Animal liberation needs to be carried out skillfully i.e. the animals shd be released in it's native environment...

You might wanna try enquiring at Amitabha Buddhist Centre (ABC). Try to google online for their contact.

alba said:
That's a bit tricky. Animal liberation needs to be carried out skillfully i.e. the animals shd be released in it's native environment...

You might wanna try enquiring at Amitabha Buddhist Centre (ABC). Try to google online for their contact.

hmm ya... dun wanna see them release a fish on the road... maybe also must see if its fresh or sea water type...

alba said:

By right animal release is wrong...most of the animals end up dying or starving to death, as they are not released in their natural habitat, its just cruel to see them end up this way. :thumbsd:

You can hop down to places like
- Kong Meng San Phor Kark See Monastery @ Bright Hill, Bishan
- Buddhist Fellowship (English) @ Eton House, Paya Lebar
- Burmese Buddhist Temple (English, Burmese)

Happy Vesak to all. :)

just came back from the thailand temple and the bright hill... it was raining just now...

bright hill temple... rather crowded and ... :dunno: i dunno wad to say... night shooting isnt that good after all.. but it was a experiment.

the thailand temple is (no comments..) because when i was there... very little pple.. not much things to shoot either...

so i dunno if 2molo i am going to go down to these 2 places again.... :confused:

maybe i will just visit the jurong soccer fields and do some shooting.. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.