furrypaws

Feb 20, 2004
pls share with me how i can improve on the shots. thanks :embrass:

Azure

Deregistered
Mar 16, 2003
ClubSNAP community
www.clubsnap.org
I'd keep #3 and #4 and ditch the rest. What were those things in #1 and #2 anyway?

For #4, could you have gotten more of the monk? Then can tell is he was snoozing or deep in meditation. On the other hand, it may lead to losing the focus on his face/expression.

furrypaws

Feb 20, 2004
Azure said:
I'd keep #3 and #4 and ditch the rest. What were those things in #1 and #2 anyway?

For #4, could you have gotten more of the monk? Then can tell is he was snoozing or deep in meditation. On the other hand, it may lead to losing the focus on his face/expression.
those are tibetan prayer wheels

Tibetan prayer wheels (called Mani wheels by the Tibetans) are devices for spreading spiritual blessings and well being. Rolls of thin paper, imprinted with many, many copies of the mantra (prayer) Om Mani Padme Hum, printed in an ancient Indian script or in Tibetan script, are wound around an axle in a protective container, and spun around and around. Typically, larger decorative versions of the syllables of the mantra are also carved on the outside cover of the wheel.

Tibetan Buddhists believe that saying this mantra, out loud or silently to oneself, invokes the powerful benevolent attention and blessings of Chenrezig, the embodiment of compassion.

:D

Stoned

May 7, 2004
Changi
www.photo.net
I like #1 the best actually. Very striking image :thumbsup:

furrypaws

Feb 20, 2004
Stoned said:
I like #1 the best actually. Very striking image :thumbsup:
thanks stoned :embrass:
wasnt easy trying to get a shot independent of people.. so bloody crowded! and people were packed like sardines... every wheel had a hand touching it.. wasnt until late that the wheels finally got some breathing space ;p had to crop it really tight cuz alot of people still hovering around..

d original pic:

Hosea

Apr 20, 2004
Singapore
www.stanleykay.com
furrypaws said:
thanks stoned :embrass:
wasnt easy trying to get a shot independent of people.. so bloody crowded! and people were packed like sardines... every wheel had a hand touching it.. wasnt until late that the wheels finally got some breathing space ;p had to crop it really tight cuz alot of people still hovering around..

d original pic:
Thank you for sharing these photos with us.
I should have visited this place , like to take some shots of those Tibetian monk in prayer. But until now, I still don't where is this temple :confused:
though I know it is near the AJ MRT.
I like the black and white version of #1 except it square cropping
#3 has good perspective.
#8 could be good if the DOF is right
But I know it is rather difficult to shoot action shot in such a big crowd

Good try !!

furrypaws

Feb 20, 2004
Hosea said:
Thank you for sharing these photos with us.
I should have visited this place , like to take some shots of those Tibetian monk in prayer. But until now, I still don't where is this temple :confused:
though I know it is near the AJ MRT.
I like the black and white version of #1 except it square cropping
#3 has good perspective.
#8 could be good if the DOF is right
But I know it is rather difficult to shoot action shot in such a big crowd

Good try !!
thanks hosea :)
its right beside the AJ mrt, not a temple, but rather a huge tent constructed. really really hot inside :cry: for those Mani prayer wheels, i wish i had a wide angle lens?? or something.. i think a panoramic perspective would have made a bigger impact.. ie if there're no hands flying around

there're still activities going on for the next couple of days.. think u can still go.

here's the lineup:

5 Jun 2004
3.00pm Oral Transmission of Heart Sutra & Sacred Names of Manjushri
4.30pm Blessing
7.00pm Dharma Talk 4
Circumambulation & Light Offering
6 Jun 2004
10.00am Wash and wiping ritual for the sick - Chabtu

Status
Not open for further replies.