Vesak Day Activities

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanttosnap

Jan 5, 2007
Hi guys,

I'm interested to know where are the celebrations for Vesak Day this year. I did some sourcing on Google and came up with a few locations. Would appreciate if anyone can confirm celebrations and give feedback. You're also welcomed to provide your suggestions on other locations.

Buddhist Lodge at River Valley Road,
the Thai Buddhist Temple at Jalan Bukit Merah
Lian Shan Shuang Lin Temple at Jalan Toa Payoh.
Bright Hill Temple
Tze Toh Aum Temple

Thanks....:)

Every year, there's one big celebration just outside aljunied station :)
It's not at a temple, but they just put up sheltered tents for Buddha altars and the bathing of the Buddha.

Every year, there's one big celebration just outside aljunied station :)
It's not at a temple, but they just put up sheltered tents for Buddha altars and the bathing of the Buddha.

do they have like a roster of activities posted somewhere?

do they have like a roster of activities posted somewhere?

Not that I know of, but normally the bathing of the buddha should start in the morning till afternoon. Then there'll be a refuge ceremony for those interested. This is just a general outline but dont know if the one at aljunied will follow the same :)

Hmmm... thanks for the heads up. But I kinda have a feeling that this year's festivities are a little toned down compared to the past. I remembered there were viral advertisments on various events and parades. This year is really quiet........:dunno:

The tentage outside Aljunie MRT is organised by Amitabha Buddhist Centre, located opposite the tentage. This is their website, and vesak day program is listed inside as well, thanks.

http://www.fpmtabc.org/

I have already started last weekend liao. LOL

Bathing the young Sidhartha @ Buddha Tooth Relic Temple <-- Chinatown, Singapore

Thekchen Choling Temple, Singapore (24 hour Tibetan Buddhist Temple) <- near Lavender Food Center

Status
Not open for further replies.