Vesak Celebrations 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool.. THe occasion should present some nice colourful shots.

:)

anyone know, which temple has this .. knee down.. stand up all the way to the temple?
:bsmilie:

anyone know, which temple has this .. knee down.. stand up all the way to the temple?
:bsmilie:

Last year I went to one large temple around bishan there, saw people have this "every 3 step and then knee down to pray" (please correct my english:sweatsm:)... actually I accidently passby the place and went down to see the crowd ;p will be going there this year again to take some photos, anyone? :bsmilie:

p.s. very crowded...

yeayeya is tt =D
i interested =p wad temple issit

Last year I went to one large temple around bishan there, saw people have this "every 3 step and then knee down to pray" (please correct my english:sweatsm:)... actually I accidently passby the place and went down to see the crowd ;p will be going there this year again to take some photos, anyone? :bsmilie:

p.s. very crowded...

should be the bright hill temple.

cant remember of the name of the temple actually but I just know it is HUGE! :bsmilie:

Found it! visit this website http://www.kmspks.org/ ;)

Hi,

Any idea of what time will the celebrations start? Would there be anything interesting this weekend?

Feeling the urge to flex some photographic muscle.

;)

Think this weekend will have the lightup. Will be interesting to have some night shots..

I can't find any timing for the light up ceremony. Any clue as to what time it will be?

Since the light up launch is on 3rd May, I presume by dark, it should be ready.. But activities wise not sure whether it will be bustling that fast.. Maybe a couple more days it will pick up?

p.s. very crowded...

It is call "circumambulation" or 三步一拜 in Chinese, the participants will go around the temple clockwise 3 times. :)

the light up launch celebration is @ the temple area?
any idea if there are performers? might leave my flash @ home if there arnt.

was down earlier. Met two other photographers. Both on Canon systems. Haha.. nice speaking to them. Btw, I'm the Nikon Dude.

Anyways, the light up is along the South Bridge Road.. its got this double dragon thingy going on. As for the temple, it was pretty quiet tonight. They were basically preparing the place for the masses next week. Nevertheless, managed to take some shots. Will post soon.

was down earlier. Met two other photographers. Both on Canon systems. Haha.. nice speaking to them. Btw, I'm the Nikon Dude.

Anyways, the light up is along the South Bridge Road.. its got this double dragon thingy going on. As for the temple, it was pretty quiet tonight. They were basically preparing the place for the masses next week. Nevertheless, managed to take some shots. Will post soon.

nikon user.. hmm were you with a tripod and your gf/wife?

Nope. Was with another guy. Was there @ 9.00pm

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.