Vesak 2551 Float Parade

Status
Not open for further replies.

mybearbrick

Nov 16, 2004
In conjunction with the soft opening of the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple & Museum,
from a non official photographer's view admist the crowd,
I present my shots from yesterday's parade at South Bridge Road.
Basically the shots are the results from the sever cropping over the President's guards and event officials.

_DSC0109copy.jpg

_DSC0161copy.jpg
_DSC0188copy.jpg

_DSC0208copy.jpg

'Dharma' ... my dad's float
"...the theme and sound gave me a very peaceful and spiritual sensation"

_DSC0281copy.jpg

_DSC0287copy.jpg

_DSC0300copy.jpg

_DSC0303copy.jpg

I definitely do not have the heart to crop away that hand with the camera...

I am definitely not good at events especially outdoors at night, not to mention fireworks.
This is my first take to share with those who missed the event and my friends who were attending the prostrating ceremony at KMS.
Hope you guys like it.
祝愿大家卫塞节快乐!

The rest of the pictures available here.

good capture.. seems like u're at the VIP area? :D
any shots of the float?
some of them r quite interesting

any gud place to go during vesak celeb? how about today?

"Can't you read the header?"
That was what I told my friend, who asked me if this is a screenshot of a new computer RTS game.
His reason was that it resembled a tower firing cannon in defense from WarCraft III.

:sweat:​

Luv the pic of the monk. You must have been there very very early. I reached at abt 8 and i couldnt even catch a proper shot of the floats. Cant even squeeze near temple.

Luv the pic of the monk. You must have been there very very early. I reached at abt 8 and i couldnt even catch a proper shot of the floats. Cant even squeeze near temple.

i thought i read wrongly,
"Luv the monk.."
indeed i had.
:bsmilie:

yes i was there at 6.30pm and was standing firmly in my position despite people trying to push me. i was quite sad because i did not want to retaliate by pushing back, but i ended up having others squeezing in front of me, making me stand in 2nd row. luckily, i was tall enought to shoot from above their heads.

"Luv the monk.."
indeed i had.

yes i was there at 6.30pm and was standing firmly in my position despite people trying to push me. i was quite sad because i did not want to retaliate by pushing back, but i ended up having others squeezing in front of me, making me stand in 2nd row. luckily, i was tall enought to shoot from above their heads.

Well your "polite stubborness" did paid off with some nice pics.;) :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

"Luv the monk.."
indeed i had.

just curious if they squeeze to squat in front of you or squeeze to stand in front of you? makes a difference though.

just curious if they squeeze to squat in front of you or squeeze to stand in front of you? makes a difference though.

they were standing in front of me,
one middle aged man was even shouting into his mobile,
asking his friend 'Ah Pui' to squeeze to the front to look for him.
I made no comments, but just to do what I was there to do.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.