Very very bad sore throat

ismokeweed79

Jun 14, 2010
Admiralty
Hey guys, had this sore throat since friday and today, it was very bad.
Everytime i swallow saliva, i would flinch. :bwhat:
Now, i can't talk clearly without feeling the pain.:ipuke:

I only feel pain on my left tonsils, the other one is fine.

Hesitating whether to visit the doctor. Later end up paying $2 for lozenges and $50 for consultation fees.. :sweat:

You guys know of any home remedies to intro?

Stop smoking weed ;)

Try gurgling salt water. It's gonna hurt like a bitch, but yeah. Whack strepsils after that.

Go get some Almond Powder from supermarket, and mix it into a cup of warm water.

It certainly helps !

Else, go to pharmacy and get a bottle of Pheneexpect CD 90ml, take 3 times a day, may cause drowsiness

Too much weed smoking can cause sore throat.... :bsmilie:

You can go to a pharmacy and ask for serratiopeptidase ( Danzen ) tablets, they are sold over the counter.

But If it still stays after a few days, go and visit the doctor... It might be an infection of some kind and may need anti-biotics

try chinese medicine, go to those shops and buy 穿心莲. it is the medicine for inflammation... u may need higher dose as yours seems serious...

it works like magic!

Thanks for the remedies guys, the pain is so unbearable that i haven't ate lunch since.
I feel hungry but theres no way i can eat..

Yup danzen tablets really help sore throat. And go for the extra strong strepsils tablets. Might have to take 1 every half hour depending on how fast it dissolves.

And of cos, drink lots of water and have plenty of sleep. ;p

try 乌梅 drink.. sip slowly

Try Star Fruit juice (no ice).... works for many people with sore throat.

I concur. Fruit juice stall in my school helped cure my sore throat and cough last time. Star fruit and lime juice.

川贝枇杷膏.
It's honey-sweet... ummmppphhhh:)thumbsup:!) and soothing.
A spoonful an hour keeps the doctor away.

For some relief try some Vinegar, Honey, bit of water. Sip.

Check for blisters in the mouth or throat.
If you have fever on the 3rd-4th day of the sore throat. Better see a doc.
Could be HFMD if you have been exposed to recent cases.

*Update*
Was in the room without any fans or aircon on. Windows were closed.
Started feeling chilly, i knew something was wrong.
Headed for the thermometer, confirmed its fever.
Gonna pop some panadols soon and head to bed.

*Update*
is all doctor in your precinct all 'Legend'? you have great camera gears, why skimp on 50bucks

*Update*

orh.
try the ivy leave extract. its good for inflamation. prescribed to me by my GP.
as for fever, pandadol can already...
drink more water, keep ur temp down.

and sleep more. take MC for 3 days. dun spread to anyone else. its bad enough that ur ill. its even worse when others have to fall ill thanks to u

and get well soon. the abv drugs can be bought from any pharmacy

sounds like you may have Strep Throat if you have no cold symptoms like running nose or aching.
It is very contagious and need antibiotics like Penicillin, not over the counter stuff or home remedies.
Google it.

Try this home made remedy which works for me every time I have sore throat

Heat up a can of unopened Coke to, say 50 deg. Use a bigger cup, put the can in and pour boiling water until to the brim and let it heat up the coke. After 5 minutes, careful when you open it make sure you are near a sink or bathroom unless you want it to gush up like a geyser. Quickly add some salt into the can and swallow up whatever's left of the can:sweat:. After that if you still feel not much better swallow a tablespoon of dark soya sauce. Works for me everytime:devil:

Try this home made remedy which works for me every time I have sore throat

Heat up a can of unopened Coke to, say 50 deg. Use a bigger cup, put the can in and pour boiling water until to the brim and let it heat up the coke. After 5 minutes, careful when you open it make sure you are near a sink or bathroom unless you want it to gush up like a geyser. Quickly add some salt into the can and swallow up whatever's left of the can:sweat:. After that if you still feel not much better swallow a tablespoon of dark soya sauce. Works for me everytime:devil:

but becareful. overdosage has major sideeffects. mainly, overtaxing ur kidney. u might end up on a dialysis machine instead of just a sore throat!;p