Very Useful Lens for Canon 50D

AxceLer8

Sep 24, 2011
Hi guys im a newbies here please need your advice on how to choose the lens that very usefull in my everyday taking photos.thanks.

If you want a versatile all-in-one zoom lens, can check the 18-200. If you want a high quality EF-S lenses then you can look at the 15-85 or 17-55. Both are great lens, but you get f/2.8 with the 17-55.

Hi guys im a newbies here please need your advice on how to choose the lens that very usefull in my everyday taking photos.thanks.

you start with the 18-55 f/3.5-5.6. This ranges from wide angle to mid telephoto which should suit a beginner quite well.
btw, you are posting in the wrong sub-forum.

i think it's very subjective as different people have different styles and expectations, so a useful lens for "person A" may not be useful for "B"

in general, start with a zoom lens, then see what length and aperture that you normally use, then use it as a guide if you want to chage lenses

Without stating the purpose (which needs some more details from you) it is not possible to declare any lens 'very useful'. But most cameras come with kit lenses for a good reason. Wouldn't it be quite strange if this lens were not at least 'useful' for those people getting their first DSLR cam?