Very Urgent Matter concerning someone's life at stake

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleek

Oct 11, 2004
Tampines Central
Hi All,

We have a friend, his wife is giving birth but she had contracted dengue fever and her blood platelets count is very low thus need A+, O+, O- donors to extract the platelets for the operation. She is in ICU unit.

Joe's contact no. 91943201

His wife's name is IDAWATI BTE MD NOOR

Kandang Kerbau (KK) Hospital, ICU BED 2

Anyne who has A+ blood please help and be a Good Samaritan
donor blood type can be O+, O-, A+ or A-

For donation, please go to:
Centre for Transfusion Medicine
Health Sciences Authority (Opposite Outram Park MRT Station)
11 Outram Road, Singapore 169078
Tel: 6223 5640, 6213 0626

Apheresis
Haematology Centre
Block 7 Level 2
Singapore General Hospital
Outram Road
Monday to Friday : 9.00 am to 4.00pm
Saturday : 9:00am to 11:30am
Sunday and Holidays : Closed

Tell them your donation is for IDAWATI BTE MD NOOR
Kandang Kerbau (KK) Hospital, ICU BED 2

Please help to spread the news to as many people around you as possible.

Latest update...she will be delivering tonight or tomorrow and her platelet count has dropped to 11.

FYI....10 bags of blood donated can only get 1 bag of platelet. Please, we need as much help as possible.

Platelets cannot be stored frozen like blood, they can only be kept 3-5 days maximum. Please do help, this is really serious.

Update update please... hope mother and child doing well.

Are blood type A+ rare? mine's B+.

../azul123

Guys, I just messaged Joe given the number above asking if his wife needs more donations. Will update here when I get a reply.

upz for your friend in need...hope mother and child are doing fine.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
yo i think u O rite... wanna join me? hehe, 1 person go very lonely... ;p

anyway, waiting for prompt reply!

nope...he not O. Think he's B..

1 upz for u.

For those who are going for Apheresis, please do not consume any medication 3 days before u go for donation.

If u have any medical condition or practice casual sex, plz declare it to the doctor as well.

Help save lives and be a responsible donor. :)

just back...... anyway she got her platelets today, thats what the doc told me anyway...

they say we can't do direct donations thou...

for my wasted trip today i've learnt a few things... 1st of all.... do not go block 7 lvl 2, cos they dun do that there... have to go HSA building...

then i just extracted my wisdom tooth less than 3 months ago, so i can't donate... must be thinking i am stupid now... sob sob... and worse off... i can't donate platelets on the 1st time... only subsequent time can do platelets...

anyway, i've scheduled to do it on end jan... die die must do... sia suay man....

Good for u bro! U made ur first move. :) Its not xia xuey or paiseh. But u offered to help, dats wad matters. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.