Very new and noob

Adrian1987

Dec 13, 2010
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Hi all, I am very new to dslr.. Got a Sony A290 recently to try out.. Held it and really like the comfort.. The portrait shoots are pretty awesome as well.. However, I can't seem to shoot good landscape photos when I am in a building(eg. Shopping mall). When out in the open, whether day or night, I feel that it is still quite nice. Any advice for me? :D thanks in advance!

Hello Adrian.

You may want to join the outings organised by the bros using the Sony system to learn some tricks from them. Anyway w/o looking at your pictures, we are unable to advice you what is wrong.

Welcome to CS, please post some photos so that we know your problem. :)

i'm guessing that indoors... good chance the lighting is not that great... so you need to find ways to get around that with your camera/lens...

Hi all, I am very new to dslr.. Got a Sony A290 recently to try out.. Held it and really like the comfort.. The portrait shoots are pretty awesome as well.. However, I can't seem to shoot good landscape photos when I am in a building(eg. Shopping mall). When out in the open, whether day or night, I feel that it is still quite nice. Any advice for me? :D thanks in advance!
hi and welcome to clubsnap! :)

our eyes are far more accomplished at seeing things in different lighting conditions, compared with even a high-end DSLR.
Light intensity is much lower when indoors, compared with a clear day outdoors. You'll need to understand this situation and work around it...

Well, I think you need to understand how cameras in general work - It's got nothing to do with a specific camera. ;)

There's a large sony users outing this saturday - why not try to join?

Welcome to CS:cool:

Hi all, thanks alot for the replies and warm welcome..

I would really like to upload some of the photos I took but they are usually of people.. I like taking "life" photos.. As such, privacy matters, I won't be uploading the photos..

I think lighting is really one of the main issues.. Might really have to consult the big boys that have been using sony..

Thanks alot to all who helped and welcomed.. was wondering if we should also use a thread to talk about simple newbie stuff of photography? Maybe I can start with I didn't know that taking a photo we should not cut off a part of a building.. haha.. wad's the reason behind this?

cheers~

Hi and welcome! :)

hi and welcome to clubsnap! :)

our eyes are far more accomplished at seeing things in different lighting conditions, compared with even a high-end DSLR.
Light intensity is much lower when indoors, compared with a clear day outdoors. You'll need to understand this situation and work around it...
agree.

Understand what is colour temperature and ambient light in the environment you are shooting in and the shutter speed whereby you can still handheld with photos captured still reasonable sharp.

Welcome to CS!