Very cold.Brrr.... D200 need how many batts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdOkH

Dec 20, 2004
Tam Pines
Hi guys,
I'm making a trip to Japan this Jan and the temp is gonna go as cold as -9 deg. As im bringing my D200 with the 18-200 VR, I'm wondering if 2 batts is enough for the day. I forsee that I will have to charge it when i reach the hotel room at night DAILY.
So far a few websites recommend putting a heat pack or 2 in the pocket to warm the camera. Only to on it when im gonna take pic. Other than tt, the cam should be in the jacket to keep the battery lasting.

Not sure if all these work so need some suggestions from fella CSers that have gone to tt kinda environment.

Thanks in advance...

2 Batt should be more than sufficient to last you for the whole dae. I went to Jap last yr with the temp at -3°C. Basically, I just kept my spare in my pocket and the other in my camera. I did not place any heat pack in my camera bag though and the camera is in my camera bag when not shooting.

Just make sure that you have the multi plug for your battery charger.

Have a good trip!

Cheers

I shot in -20 before and it's no problem, I usually keep my batteries in one of my pockets so my body warms it up. I forgot to say that my battery lasted me on average about 1 and a half days. That's pretty good considering I did a lot of long exposure shots outdoors (30s) and used the built-in flash quite abit. But then again I'm using a 350d and we probably get different mileage from our cameras so it's just a rough guide.

2 Batt should be more than sufficient to last you for the whole dae. I went to Jap last yr with the temp at -3°C. Basically, I just kept my spare in my pocket and the other in my camera. I did not place any heat pack in my camera bag though and the camera is in my camera bag when not shooting.

Just make sure that you have the multi plug for your battery charger.

Have a good trip!

Cheers

I shot in -20 before and it's no problem, I usually keep my batteries in one of my pockets so my body warms it up. I forgot to say that my battery lasted me on average about 1 and a half days. That's pretty good considering I did a lot of long exposure shots outdoors (30s) and used the built-in flash quite abit. But then again I'm using a 350d and we probably get different mileage from our cameras so it's just a rough guide.

i shot in Japan at ~5° and 1 batt lasted me 3 days...

thanks for ur input guys but looking at the general comments, does it means that I shouldn't use the VG and stick to just 1 in the main batt compartment?

thanks guys... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.