Vertical Horizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yapster

Aug 12, 2006
Pioneer
www.flickr.com
Hi all,
Am currently having business trip in China and weather is bad in my province and thus, no shooting... Sianzz. So digged out a shot i took in Vivo City 2 weeks ago and PP it. Like the way the wooden planks are naturally laid out (despite the different lengths and colour tones). It actually the wooden platform at the roof area of Vivo City. But showing it in a horizontal manner seems boring, and thus the vertical view of it. Vertical Horizon.

DSC_0812e_for_web.jpg

Hi all,
Am currently having business trip in China and weather is bad in my province and thus, no shooting... Sianzz. So digged out a shot i took in Vivo City 2 weeks ago and PP it. Like the way the wooden planks are naturally laid out (despite the different lengths and colour tones). It actually the wooden platform at the roof area of Vivo City. But showing it in a horizontal manner seems boring, and thus the vertical view of it. Vertical Horizon.

DSC_0812e_for_web.jpg

Very interesting abstract. If you want an in depth critique i could write one up. but it'll take awhile. you want one?

Hi Sorry, was busy with work here. Ya, sure, would like an in depth critique from you~ Will help me in my improvement~ All other C & Cs are welcome~

sure gimme a couple days. It's going to take abit of investment to write a detailed one up.

Hi all,

DSC_0812e_for_web.jpg

ok here we go with the critique

composition wise, the use of innate patterns is used well to give the viewer a sense of being led. i.e. all points including the grain of the wood points from left to right. Giving one a sense of continuity and flow.The angle also serves to reinforce this because of how the continuity is constructed. The angle adds a very strong of depth and immersion oulling the viewer in.

The lighting and color serves to really pull out the wooden grain and give one a sense of age as well. The shot is perfectly exposed and as result the lighting is pleasing to the eye with no glares or shadows to detract from the photo. The color and contrast also makes the shot jump out making the shot more dynamic. my only complaint is that there's abit of a greenish blue tint...is that because it was already light that or was it a camera problem.

Overall its a beautiful abstract piece :thumbsup:

sorry it took so long for me to come up with this. Its been a busy couple of days.

Hi garou12, sorry for the late reply as my laptop is down and i am still in china. Currently using my colleague's laptop to reply. Thank you for the critique! Really appreciated it~ You have brought out in words on how i want to describe my shot in it's exact detail and feel. I am emphasizing on the coverging patterns from the left to the right and however could not properly describe them in words. Once again, thanks for your critique. Appreciate your effort!

Hi garou12, sorry for the late reply as my laptop is down and i am still in china. Currently using my colleague's laptop to reply. Thank you for the critique! Really appreciated it~ You have brought out in words on how i want to describe my shot in it's exact detail and feel. I am emphasizing on the coverging patterns from the left to the right and however could not properly describe them in words. Once again, thanks for your critique. Appreciate your effort!

np honestly i thought i could have written it better. i might go back and edit it again but the content won't change. Thanks for the feedback.

Sure~ Will look forward for more of your critique if possible. My laptop is still down and my business trip in China is extended. Sianzzz...

Status
Not open for further replies.