Vertical Grip for K100D

Status
Not open for further replies.
it takes 12AA, this thing must weigh a ton. :eek:

Looks ugly..

yea i agree, cant they get a designer to make it look nicer?

There is a better looking one here but cannot take additional batteries. Just a grip with vertical shutter release.

Not like these are cheap, they're priced just slightly under Pentax's K10D grip, something like $199 (with maybe 10-20% discount). Pricey for something so shoddily made and badly crippled. IMHO nothing beats a real vertical grip with proper adjustment dials.

A separate button for AF would be nicer though....

Just a show of hands, how many of our exclusive Pentax club members have the Pentax D-BG2 for K10D?

Just a show of hands, how many of our exclusive Pentax club members have the Pentax D-BG2 for K10D?

:thumbsup:

After 1 day, i only got 3 ppl having the grip for K10D. I thought more would have it. :(

you should start a poll or something in a separate thread. That should give a better indication of BG2 users... but don't let it degenerate into yet another VPN/HPN bashing thread :p

After 1 day, i only got 3 ppl having the grip for K10D. I thought more would have it. :(

I guess many here like Pentax because their cool little lenses and their compact camera bodies. With a grip on, the K10D will be a quite big camera. I feel the camera already too big w/o the grip. Would have kept a K100D if its SR is as good as the K10D :D

Just came from Orient Photo. they offered me this battery grip for S$190. they said it can also take Canon and Nikon's batteries besides AA and CRV3.

Not only that but these too. Guess its 1 size fits all. But it is still so ugly!

1. CANON-BP-511A
2. NIKON-EN-EL3a/3e
3. MINOLTA-NP-400
4. OLYMPUS-PS-BLM1
5. PENTAX-D - LI50
6. FUJIFILM-NP-150
7. SIGMA-BP - 21
8. PANASONIC-CGR-S006E / DMW-BMA7
---(FZ30/50專用電池匣,原包裝已附)
9. LEICA-BP-DC5-E(LEICA V Lux-1,原包裝已附)
10. Canon-NB-2LH (350D/400D專用電池匣,原包裝已附)
11. Sony-NP - FM55H (a100專用電池匣,原包裝已附)

I have got D-BG1 on my camera. Sometime I like to have it with the grip even when I am using a pancake. Its quite comfortable to hold the camera with the grip on. It also help to balance the weight when using long big lens.

The grip is really good to have... but not a must have.

cheerss...

I have to say that at least something good came out of the last Pentax meetup for me.
I not so gian the vertical grip anymore.
After trying one, I find that it's too awkward for me.
Unless I have a real need for it (can't think of any now), I wouldn't spend the money and time to adjust to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.