Vertical Grip for D70

Status
Not open for further replies.

photogene

Aug 20, 2003
Nikon Embassy
www.nikon.com.sg
So it says, Vertical Grip made by Mr. Chimpanzee in Korea :bsmilie:

http://dokhak.co.kr/bbs/zboard.php?...n&sc=on&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=18

vert28.jpg

vert38.jpg

vert39.jpg

wah say.... this guy... power man..... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

didnt somebody say that theres a third party camera parts manufacturer in China is going to make a D70 grip with the camera functions like the shutter release button on plus a battery compartment ??? i heard bout this la... frm a china manufacturer...

u might want to check the previous threads on D70 grips on the Nikon Forums here on CS.. hahaha :bsmilie:

haahha.. i want it too~

Therotically impossible for a vertical shutter as there's no connecting pins below the camera like the D100.

Possible for the dual battery compartments, guess it can run in parallel mode, but not too sure how efficient the battery life will be?

espn said:
Therotically impossible for a vertical shutter as there's no connecting pins below the camera like the D100.

Possible for the dual battery compartments, guess it can run in parallel mode, but not too sure how efficient the battery life will be?

Possible by putting remote controller inside the grip
;)

Kho King said:
Possible by putting remote controller inside the grip
;)

:thumbsup: good idea.... but wait... the remote works via infra red.... :cry:

How on earth can he trigger the shutter with the vertical button when there is no electrical contacts in the base of the D70 nor in the vertical grip ?

Looking from the photos, it appears that the battery compartment only has two contacts for the batteries and nothing else.

Could be possible this grip is only used to aid holding the D70 and to provide a better grip.

Adiemus said:
:thumbsup: good idea.... but wait... the remote works via infra red.... :cry:

Where are the russian hackers? :D

now tat's the eyecup i was trying to get.
Anyone know what kinda adapters are required or which canon series eyecup it is.....eb or ed??

BurgaFlippinMan said:
Where are the russian hackers? :D

You need russian engineers :D Hackers alone cannot cause electrical contacts to suddenly appear.... :bsmilie:

justarius said:
You need russian engineers :D Hackers alone cannot cause electrical contacts to suddenly appear.... :bsmilie:

But they could hack it so that khoking's idea of putting the wireless remote into the grip could work eh? I mean, at the moment, when u set the cam to remote mode, you can't fire the shutter from the normal release button. Well, again, where are the russian hackers?? :D :D

raychan said:
How on earth can he trigger the shutter with the vertical button when there is no electrical contacts in the base of the D70 nor in the vertical grip ?

Looking from the photos, it appears that the battery compartment only has two contacts for the batteries and nothing else.

Could be possible this grip is only used to aid holding the D70 and to provide a better grip.

if you think it is impossible, then you will never make it possible. Those who dream are those who always make things happened.

http://dokhak.co.kr/bbs/zboard.php?...n&sc=on&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=17

According to the link,
Mr. Chimpanzee says vertical shutter is a fake, which functions nothing.

But this guy is good !!!

PS: Used to custom make my own grip for my Pentax SFX with balsa wood and laminating it with plastic strips. But this guy has access to some molding equipment. Used a button for my vertical grip as well, that's why it seems so familiar to me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.