Velvia 100. Is it sold in CP, or anywhere else in SG

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is available at Konota. Or at least I managed to buy a couple of rolls (135 and 120 formats) while they still had stocks 3 weeks ago... Give them a call to check before going down.

edlye said:
It is available at Konota. Or at least I managed to buy a couple of rolls (135 and 120 formats) while they still had stocks 3 weeks ago... Give them a call to check before going down.

How is it? is it better than the Velvia 50? ;)

I'm happy with it. I find it comparable to the 50 but it is definitely better than the 100F. Unless you're so attuned to the colours of the 50, you'll be hard pressed to spot the difference in a 'blind test'.

edlye said:
I'm happy with it. I find it comparable to the 50 but it is definitely better than the 100F. Unless you're so attuned to the colours of the 50, you'll be hard pressed to spot the difference in a 'blind test'.

Yeah gonna get some to try out soon!
:thumbsup: :devil: :devil:

edlye said:

Thanks. So CP doesn't stock it?

Call CP up and check. Stocks of the Velvia100 disappears fast. The good news is that there are a bunch of shops around CP, so you can go check one by one.

Few weeks back CP ran out of anything other than Provia (which is my standard film apart from a few pack of RVP50 for nostalgia) but Ruby across the road had a few rolls left.

Hi Stoned!

A day ago I went to Cathay Photo and Ruby Photo, they said 120 and 135 are out of stocks. Guess it's out of stock islandwide. I've checked and bought a couple of 120 Velvia 100F from them but all expired til Oct 2005. The owner sold me at half price. The owner also said no new stocks at the moment. Probably another couple of weeks to arrive. You can call up and check with them if they do sell Velvia 100. Good luck mate! :)

Stoned said:
Thanks. So CP doesn't stock it?

CP does stock it but as mentioned it disappears really fast.

edlye said:
CP does stock it but as mentioned it disappears really fast.

now dat u mentioned it, i always got problems finding either astia or provia in CP. last mth was hunting for them over at CP and ruby. ended up not finding either, and buying sensia from konota.

hmm.. time to learn bulk-rolling film... icarus, can teach?? :lovegrin:

nightwolf75 said:
hmm.. time to learn bulk-rolling film... icarus, can teach?? :lovegrin:

I've been facing problems with supplies for bulk-roll slides becoz there isn't regular supply of it either. Anyone cares to share how to get regular supplies of Provia 400 and Velvia 100?

hmm, i wonder why they don't bring in more if the demand is so high. Well, hopefully the stock will come in before my trip in dec. Thanks guys for the info.

edlye said:
I've been facing problems with supplies for bulk-roll slides becoz there isn't regular supply of it either. Anyone cares to share how to get regular supplies of Provia 400 and Velvia 100?

guess the only sure way is to order them from US from sites like bhphotovideo.com. CP or ruby won't bring in more if its only like a couple of tins. :embrass:

y dun try the Kodak 100VS,about the same price range and i find it really nice !

I've just been a fuji person all my photographic life(which hasn't been too long heh). Well if i can't get my velvia i'll be sure to try the kodak. Thanks for the tip.

BTW, how much does the Fujichrome Velvia 100 cost? Like pricing between where to where? Thanks in advance.:)

Spectrum said:
BTW, how much does the Fujichrome Velvia 100 cost? Like pricing between where to where? Thanks in advance.:)

Around $11 plus minus 50cents if I remember correctly.

Stoned said:
I've just been a fuji person all my photographic life(which hasn't been too long heh). Well if i can't get my velvia i'll be sure to try the kodak. Thanks for the tip.

Yes you can give it a try, the E100VS is Kodak's take on producing 'Velvia-like' colours. My flirtation with the E100VS didn't last long though because of the availability of the Velvia 100...

Status
Not open for further replies.