Velvia 100 coming soon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wryer

Dec 17, 2002
Tampines
Visit site
hi guyz

was at CP to get a lightbox and loupe when i overheard a little conversation regarding the long awaited velvia 100

Customer: No more velvia 50?
Auntie: Nope. its now out of stock.
Customer: When is it coming in?
Auntie: I don't know. Anyway the Velvia 100 is coming in at the end of the month to take over..

Woohoo..
I hope the price difference isnt that great. And i do hope that the news is accurate. End of month, yeah.

Regards

Wryer said:
hi guyz

was at CP to get a lightbox and loupe when i overheard a little conversation regarding the long awaited velvia 100

Customer: No more velvia 50?
Auntie: Nope. its now out of stock.
Customer: When is it coming in?
Auntie: I don't know. Anyway the Velvia 100 is coming in at the end of the month to take over..

Woohoo..
I hope the price difference isnt that great. And i do hope that the news is accurate. End of month, yeah.

Regards

Er.... From B&H, it's around S$14. So expect the price to be somewhere around there.....

Ouch. $14?

If thats the case, i really hope they don't phase out the velvia 50..

Wryer said:
hi guyz

Regards

wah .... going to take over velvia50 ??? uh oh ... gotta stock up velvia50 liao ...

While I were in Japan in June, overheard the storemen there talking about Velvia 100 taking over Velvia 50. But for the Japanese market, they actually have 2 versions of the film, Velvia 100 and Velvia 100F. From the introduction brochure, I gathered that Velvia 100 has the same level of colour saturation as Velvia 50 but with the 1 stop increase in speed. Velvia 100F has decreased grain size, RMS 8, and slightly more saturation than Provia 100F.

However, I heard for the American and local market, they are going to bring in Velvia 100F only. Felt that Velvia 100 would had been a better replacement for Velvia 50.

Prismatic said:
While I were in Japan in June, overheard the storemen there talking about Velvia 100 taking over Velvia 50. But for the Japanese market, they actually have 2 versions of the film, Velvia 100 and Velvia 100F. From the introduction brochure, I gathered that Velvia 100 has the same level of colour saturation as Velvia 50 but with the 1 stop increase in speed. Velvia 100F has decreased grain size, RMS 8, and slightly more saturation than Provia 100F.

However, I heard for the American and local market, they are going to bring in Velvia 100F only. Felt that Velvia 100 would had been a better replacement for Velvia 50.

Hmmmm... I wonder which version will reach our lovely shores....

Confirmation at CP,

Velvia 100F is now in stock at CP. Just arrived at about afternoon.

The best thing is...its $11. Not $15..

Gogogo! :bsmilie:

Wryer said:
Confirmation at CP,

35mm format?

i went to buy film in the evening and they try to tempt me to try. but already got other film leow.

igpenguin said:
35mm format?

i went to buy film in the evening and they try to tempt me to try. but already got other film leow.

Yes. 35mm format. :) Same here..was tempted but decided against it, since i was'nt exactly shopping.

Is Astia 100F in?

Yup, used these 2 films in Vietnam, courtesy of Fuji Vietnam =)

I like the new Astia 100F for portraits, especially for Asian skin =)

The new Velvia has one of the best RMS I have seen for any "Fuji" films =)

Cheers,
Tuck Loong

Zerstorer said:
Is Astia 100F in?

Don't think its in. But their Velvia 100F is really by a truckload, the top 2 tier of their fridge is filled with it.

Kira said:
Nope but minimum order is 30 tins before CP brings it in and it cost $145 per tin.....
30 cans? hmmm wonder if there's enough interest for a MO. i don't mind taking 1-2 cans to try out...

well..
you can try, larry! I think there is a demand.. :) If not, rope some of the offstone peeps in loh. :)

Regards

Wryer said:
Confirmation at CP,

:gbounce: still got stock as of today? tomolo i go down get myself a few rolls testing.. :D

Umm...

not sure though,not at CP today dude..
But i believe there is still some. CP stocked up the velvia 100F to around 2/3 of their fridge..at least thats what i saw. Unless i parchio see provia as velvia. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.