[velasco] Embracing vivid expressions whenever possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i like these 2. but it is a pity the first has his feet cropped out. also, prefer more sky in the second - perhaps the rule of thirds might be of use here. :)

Hey you! haha . I know right :embrass:

The first one no choice but crop out his leg haha cause from the 15th storey after zooming and zooming theres tree canopies blocking partof the court. Does he look like Roddick tho? hahaha.

The second one - I agree I should have the lady more towards the right. This was taken as my dad's car whizzed past the reservoir tho. :sweat: Literally point and shoot. Haha I'm predestined to have a P&S photography route :(

The first one no choice but crop out his leg haha cause from the 15th storey after zooming and zooming theres tree canopies blocking partof the court. Does he look like Roddick tho? hahaha.

The second one - I agree I should have the lady more towards the right. This was taken as my dad's car whizzed past the reservoir tho. :sweat: Literally point and shoot. Haha I'm predestined to have a P&S photography route :(

yeah.. sometimes you can't have it all. nice colors though! :)

for the second one, i don't really have any problems with the lady - meant the blackness strip should be placed lower in the frame (on the bottom third).. with more sky to show. :)

yeah.. sometimes you can't have it all. nice colors though! :)

for the second one, i don't really have any problems with the lady - meant the blackness strip should be placed lower in the frame (on the bottom third).. with more sky to show. :)

haha yesh!

ooh you meant that? haha. i thought the lady. hehe yup should have shot that way i guess.

yay 1 more week to hari raya. lol k random

#19-19.09.08

OF YOUR SILENT REVERIE

2812195199_a1c91fed36.jpg

Let me be empty
And weightless and maybe
I’ll find some peace tonight

Of your silent reverie
You’re in the arms of the angel
May you find some comfort there

-Sarah McLachlan

hey! habis puasa batal because of me. hehe. well that makes sense. thanks for da advice :)[/QUOTE]

Bro what cam u use? Bila ord?:D

not bad, but the skin tone is looking a little off, unless this happens to be taken in very warm sunlight (sunset timing, usually).. even then, still a tad too reddish. perhaps a result of oversaturation, but i'm not sure. there is also something that stands out (especially when larger, i would think) beneath her left eye. some cloning work to be done, looks like a stray hair.

i would actually prefer a desaturated look for this one.. but that's just me.. :)

i mentioned this before, but i do think you do a better job than many dslr users, hurhur.

not bad, but the skin tone is looking a little off, unless this happens to be taken in very warm sunlight (sunset timing, usually).. even then, still a tad too reddish. perhaps a result of oversaturation, but i'm not sure. there is also something that stands out (especially when larger, i would think) beneath her left eye. some cloning work to be done, looks like a stray hair.

i would actually prefer a desaturated look for this one.. but that's just me.. :)

i mentioned this before, but i do think you do a better job than many dslr users, hurhur.

hey! ahah i know. edited already the stray hair.

and thats very very nice , especially coming from ya. thanks for the support :D

#21-21.09.08

STEPS

2746169729_159f6e6b4d.jpg

steps.
do we make the extra effort
to make constant little reminders
as we take a flight
up each and every step
that for every step
lies a brand new dream

have u used photoshop for all ur pics? jus wondering cause i dun use photoshop on any pics (dun like to)....And my shots dun come out any near well as yours does.

have u used photoshop for all ur pics? jus wondering cause i dun use photoshop on any pics (dun like to)....And my shots dun come out any near well as yours does.

Hey! Wassuppers?

Yesh, I postprocess but I don't use Photoshop. I use another rival , Jasc PaintShop Pro 7(Corel). Anywho, the degree of reliance varies tho. Some photos dont need much enhancement, some just requires cropping and resizing.

I personally feel that postprocessing/manipulation/editing are part of photography. Sometimes what I envision for my photos cannot satisfy me straight off the cam so digital aid is very much necessary.

As a graphic designer myself, this part of me is secondnature. They simply co-exist in my world. hehe.

:D *pokes your siggy* If you don't like to edit your photos, one day perhaps you'll realize you need to step it up a notch or soemthing

http://web.canon.jp/imaging/picturestyle/

Last edited:
Hey! Wassuppers?

Yesh, I postprocess but I don't use Photoshop. I use another rival , Jasc PaintShop Pro 7(Corel). Anywho, the degree of reliance though varies. Some photos dont need much enhancement, some just requires cropping and resizing.

I personally feel that postprocessing/manipulation/editing are part of photography. Sometimes what I envision for my photos cannot satisfy me straight off the cam so digital aid is very much necessary.

As a graphic designer myself, this part of me is secondnature. They simply co-exist in my world. hehe.

:D *pokes your siggy* If you don't like to edit your photos, one day perhaps you'll realize you need to step it up a notch or soemthing

http://web.canon.jp/imaging/picturestyle/

rite, i guess diff people diff opinions...i really jus like making takin photograph right, right from the camera...so i dun do much of touch up on my photos..lazy i guess!!!:bsmilie:

BLIND BY THE LIGHT

2918910472_200a6d59af.jpg

Attempt of a different kind of selfportrait. I will conveniently remove the date from now on since I cannot keep up. I'm such a noob.

hey... enjoyed your shots. like someone said in earlier post, you have a creative eye.
keep the photos coming!

and oh thanks for the canon link!

hey... enjoyed your shots. like someone said in earlier post, you have a creative eye.
keep the photos coming!

and oh thanks for the canon link!

haha thanks for reviving this twotimes dead thread hehe.;p

Since we are at it, I shall post a new photo then.

SWEEPING ME EMPTY

2658787186_ed6ddf55df.jpg

I love to witness such skyscapes when the dark clouds empowers over the first cheery sky.

Last edited:

#2 -02.09.08

bury the hatchet

2710424444_51541ced99.jpg

To make believe your delusions
the ones you tried conceal with your actions
the rusty melody we waltzed before
now some clutterings left on the floor
the pride just chaotic flaps
the doves fell from grace's steps
bury the hatchet , my friend
lest you suffer the fall
in the end

hey..
great mood captured.. mind sharing your post processing techniques that have been done to the photo?
thanks..

hey..
great mood captured.. mind sharing your post processing techniques that have been done to the photo?
thanks..

thanks! Well, that mainly has an overlay blending with a texture. I think I might have increased saturation a lil too.

Yup, but most part still derived from the texture use.

Status
Not open for further replies.