veho -ve scanner

moaid28

Nov 28, 2009
I saw this product jut now at robinson expo sale. it's about 100+ (below 200..sorry forgot exactly how much). wondering if anyone using/tried it before? here's a link to the product
http://www.veho-lifestyleshop.com/lifestyleshop/shop_detail.aspx?article=41

thinking of getting lomo horizon...so the reason for a -ve scanner. actually I have an all in one (printer-scanner flat bed type). will it be able to scan. need sw for conversion?

kgston

Jan 23, 2007
East
Hmm..I have doubts you can even get images good enuf for 8R, 4R maybe though I can't say for sure, never used one before...imho, you should save your money and wait till you can afford at least a proper film flatbed scanner or go to the shop and ask for 16 base scanning. No point paying $100+ to only be disapointed. But when it comes down to film scanning, its really abt budget vs expectation. You will be amazed by how much information film can hold.. its really about how far you want to go to get everything out of it.

Your normal flatbed scanner won't be able to scan film as it doesn't have the proper optics to resolve the details in the film and the sensor don't have the dynamic range to caputre the details.

nstclicks

Nov 23, 2008
This type of device is not so much a scanner as a digital camera taking a photo of the negative. I wouldn't expect great results but if you're doing lomo that might be your intent :) Still, better to just scan at the shop.

moaid28

Nov 28, 2009
thanks for the feedback and info guys! I guess I'll process the film at film shop for awhile before deciding on a proper film scanner. been awhile since I last process film.

wonder how much to process the film now and get them
scanned to a CD or thumb drive.