Vegemite or Marmite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

major_tom

Dec 3, 2005
Not a poll.....just wanna know who in CS eats these.....
I cant live without it....
I use them on sandwiches and just a blob on a bowl of hot water and viola, it's soup.

Yummy....

p/s Bovril no fight....lame.

Kachui

Jul 21, 2006
I am a fan of Vegemite...I like the taste better and keeps better in fridge, still spreadable on bread when it is cold. Not so for Marmite.

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Feb 15, 2003
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
long time never eat such things liao... only when young to mix with plain porridge...

nowadays is eat Frog Leg Porridge then put the Spring Onion & Ginger gravy... ;p

drakon09

Aug 12, 2005
In Africa, it's Termites.

Personally I'd go with DCA on the frog path. :bsmilie:

Jul 7, 2006
www.anttz.multiply.com
vegemite on toast. cheap and good :thumbsup:

Was introduced to me by my british colleague. A few of my asian colleagues got hooked too. There is alway a bottle in our pantry. Too bad both the toaster and the micro wave oven in the office are broken now :(

eastwest

Sep 20, 2006
We English only ever eat Marmite - we leave the other stuff to the Aussies and moan about it when we go there!

major_tom

Dec 3, 2005
I have to say it's an acquired taste, you might not like it first but it will grow on you after a while.

../azul123
agree...my kids cant stand it.....i have been eating toast with marmite & butter since i was 5yrs old and still enjoying it today....

For a 1st timer, the trick is to spread it very thinly and it will eventually grow on you. Too much and you will dislike it.

major_tom

Dec 3, 2005

cheep imitation of the real thing - MA R M I T E !:bsmilie::bsmilie:

Somehow, Marmite is an all-rounder ie bread/muffins/soup/porridge...whereas Vegemite is more suitable
on sandwiches. M's color is also darker than the brownish V.

For those new to M & V, go try it and tell us what do think of it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom