Vanguard up-rise45/48 or Lowepro Prorunner300AW//TT Retro30 or Billingham HadleyLarge

jeremylse

Mar 15, 2012
I am looking for a backpack that can contain, two DSLRs (without battery grip), and 3-4 lenses(with hoods attached in storage mode)
and a messenger/sling bag that can contain about the same stuff. I have narrowed by search, to Vanguard up-rise 45 or Lowepro Prorunner 300 AW, and ThinkTank Retro 30 or Vanguard up-rise 38 or (even though its smaller) Billingham Hadley Large. I would not mind suggestions of any other bags. Would like to ask for some toploader style bag recommendations too.

Last edited:
the hadley large won't be able to take even 3/4 of what you wanna put in

Bro, I own the uprise 45 and the uprise 45/48 is not able hold 2 dslr body.

Retro30 can easily take what you listed... but you cannot keep both bodies with lenses attached.. At least one of the body, the lens must be off.

What about the Lowepro Prorunner 300AW?

hmm. i can fit two bodies (both w/o grip), 3 lenses and two flashes in the hadley. well, depends on what lens you wanna stuff inside.

on your narrowed choices, i think only Lowepro Prorunner 300 AW can fit your set-up, are you not looking at thinktank streetwalker pro?
i own one, and it serves me well, 2 bodies w/ grip, 70-200 f2.8 lens, 90mm macro lens, tokina 11-16, 2 external flashes...1 led light for video,

alternative is not to look at camera bag...

If you really need to pack a lot of things and have strong shoulders, Chrome Metropolis is a good start. All you need is maybe 1 or 2 sets of camera inserts to make it a camera bag.
metrov1_blackred_enlarge_1.jpg

For about US$160, the price is reasonable and its quite well design as well as branded that you can use it for office bag as well.

Last edited: