Van installing seat behind???

Status
Not open for further replies.

paesyl

Aug 3, 2007
Anyone here drive a van and install seat behind? If yes kana summon before?

Depending on what type of van and how many persons are allowed to travel in that particular vehicle

It is not allowed, a plumber came to my house few months back and complained he kenna summons for exactly that and had to remove the back seat at his expense and still have to pay the summons, he KPKB all the way about gov this unfair that unfair while fixing my plumbing. Don't do it.

../azul123

I thought nowadays can carry people at the back when you have bought the extra insurance?

Can see vans with 5pax round sticker at the back of the van.

send your vehicle for inspection to see how many can sit behind.

once approved, they will give u those '5pax' (or others) stickers to stick on.

will need to pay? i dont know

It is dangerous to place make shift seats for passenger in the goods section. An impact will inflict serious injuries. Dont even consider it as an option if you care for the safety of your passengers or your very own family.

Another dangerous act is for passengers (seated on the floor behind) opening the car door slightly to allow fresh air to flow in. I see that once in a while by housewives and guys. Already, they are not belted, an accident will send those people flying off the car and possibly smashing onto in coming cars and bikes on the road.

We are only made of flesh. We are no Jackie chan. Anyway Jackie is a joke.

not free. need to pay around $30 per pax. stickers oso not free. must buy at your fav sticker shop.

Had a van before.

1. Chairs, eg sofa etc not allowed even if have 5pax stickers.

2. Suppose to sit on floor of van.

3. Can carry passenger behind (seat on floor), but they must be related to your company ie workers in your company in which you register your van.

If nothing happen - well and good. If any accident and passenger/s behind is injured and insurance find out that you have contrave any the above - big problem.

Not worth the hassle so sold the van and got a twin cab pick-up.

The twin cab pick-up has seat and door behind the front seat and is classified as a goods and passenger veh. This allows you to take passenger regardless. The catch is that it is expensive cos need to pay full parf can cost as much as $70 - 80k (ie depending on 2WD or 4WD and auto gear). Van is cheap as no need to pay PARF but primarily a goods vehicle.

Correct me if I am wrong

You are right. Now i have a sofa behind only...just that i saw a lot of goods van installed seats and told me its ok have not kana summon when do inspection during rew road tax so backside itchy want to install also.

I know buy car will settle the problem but i need to use van then cannot afford to 'support' car and van rite?

Had a van before.

3. Can carry passenger behind (seat on floor), but they must be related to your company ie workers in your company in which you register your van.

If nothing happen - well and good. If any accident and passenger/s behind is injured and insurance find out that you have contrave any the above - big problem.

The twin cab pick-up has seat and door behind the front seat and is classified as a goods and passenger veh. This allows you to take passenger regardless. The catch is that it is expensive cos need to pay full parf can cost as much as $70 - 80k (ie depending on 2WD or 4WD and auto gear). Van is cheap as no need to pay PARF but primarily a goods vehicle.

Correct me if I am wrong

This part for sticker label and pax behind my van settle liao so not my worry.

I thought nowadays can carry people at the back when you have bought the extra insurance?

A van is very economical. I do miss it.

My pick-up compared to it "drink a fair bit" but its comfy and powerpack - 2.4l turbo but still consume less than a car of the similar capacity . One set back is that it cannot go to Malaysia unless apply for special permit etc etc.

Maybe we should start a Van and Pick up thread hehehhe

A van is very economical. I do miss it.

My pick-up compared to it "drink a fair bit" but its comfy and powerpack - 2.4l turbo but still consume less than a car of the similar capacity . One set back is that it cannot go to Malaysia unless apply for special permit etc etc.

Maybe we should start a Van and Pick up thread hehehhe

Ha..ha.. very interesting.. cause I'm considering getting a van with rear seats. More of a matter of convenience as I can carry stuff at the back (ie. bikes, and other junk).

So if I get a van that has rear seats like a Fiat Doblo, i will need to pay full parf? I see so many such vans with company registration on the roads nowadays. Where can I get more of such info? thx

Is there any other places that sell the pax stickers other than getting it from the inspection centre? My van doesn't have any =x

We are only made of flesh. We are no Jackie chan. Anyway Jackie is a joke.

Jackie Chan almost had his skull cracked open when he fell off a tree in a stunt almost 20years ago (armour of god). see the footage at the end of his movies. the most I can say is, he can tahan the pain and look as if nothing happened to him on screen.

Had a van before.

Correct me if I am wrong

How come you never gave me a ride in your Rolls-Royce cab pick-up?

How come you never gave me a ride in your Rolls-Royce cab pick-up?

You mean this
117020452.jpg
nah it is just a "kuching kurup" pick up. Where got Rolls-Royce :(

Ppl won't even give a first look not to say second look. Anyway can lah anytime :bsmilie:

Those can be brought. LOL

he KPKB all the way about gov this unfair that unfair while fixing my plumbing

i laugh. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.